「Phase 41」The Devil's Fortune

The Celestial Trial was currently underway. The competition where all of the idols in Celestial Academy gathered to compete on one big stage and see who held the title of the top idol for that year.

On the second day, both Nanatsuki Asuka and Chibana Minako would be taking the stage. Nanatsuki Asuka was a gothic cool type idol and a member of the popular unit MeguruMeguru. Well known for the fortunes she told on her KiraTube channel, which were supposedly accurate every time. A proud idol who used the brand Twilight Fortune.

Meanwhile, Chibana Minako was an energetic sexy type, along with being a member of the near-legendary unit Kizuna! For a couple of years, Minako had attended a dance academy in America and had since continued to perfect her craft. A confident idol who used the brand Star Devil.

It was no exaggeration to say that the second day of performances would be both predictable and memorable.

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Asuka woke up early that morning, in order to find a free lesson room before the rest of the academy ran in to practice themselves. Yoshi had come too, for moral support.

"One, two, three, four! One, two, three, four!"

She practiced the dance, again and again. She was determined to put her everything into this performance. If she could only reach the top of the leaderboard, MeguruMeguru would have received a huge lead in their goal of taking over the world. It was very serious business, so she had to give it her all!

"That was amazing, Asu-chan!" Yoshi chirped, "You're making me want to join in, too."

"I'm glad," Asuka said, leaning against the wall, finally taking a breather. "If I can make the rest of the audience feel that way too, I'm certain, my victory will be assured."

Yoshi's smile faltered slightly. "I'm sorry, Asu-chan," she said, "For getting knocked out of the lead already."

"There's no need. If it's written in the stars, so be it," she smirked, "It'll only make your great comeback next year even grander."

Asuka walked over to her belongings, taking out her deck of cards.

She hesitated for a second.

"Asu-chan?" Yoshi walked over, then noticed the deck."You're going to tell your own fortune?"

It took a second too long for her to answer.

"A-ah," Asuka eventually said, plastering a smile on, "I shall be." She picked a card out.

"The Prism Stars Skirt," she read out loud, "If you fear failure, you'll only attract it."

Yoshi opened the book, and after a couple of seconds searching, found the page. "Exactly right," she said, "You'll be fine then, right? You're Asu-chan! There's no way you could lose!"

"Thank you, Yoshi," Asuka replied, giving a small smile. She placed the deck back down, then stretched. Then, it was back to practising, Yoshi praising her every move.

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Minako drank her water, still panting. "That was a fun run!" She exclaimed, turning to her two childhood friends.

"You really went at that," Aya commented, "I forgot how competitive you can be."

"I'm not that competitive. I just like winning." Minako grinned. "I'd like to win the Celestial Trial, too."

"It's a shame just wanting something won't make it a reality, then," Rina said, "There'll be some powerful idols on stage these next few days. Be sure not to underestimate them."