「Phase 04」 Rina's Rival?!

I'll be able to do it someday
But for now
I'll just do this Butterfly dance
I hope that you all join in too!

(Ahhhh, la la la)

Soaring through the sky, I'll truly shine!

"Rina-senpai... her performance is so great!" Mai exclaimed, her eyes fixed on Tsubaki's phone. The two girls were rewatching Rina's debut once again, charmed blown away by the performance.

"We have to work hard to reach her level! Then someday, maybe we'll be able to become the Celestial Star!" Tsubaki stated, nodding with confidence. After all, the two were already starting to gain attention among the other first years after their performance together. The two girls smiled at each other when, suddenly, a third voice interrupted.

"Hmmmm? It's no easy task to reach the heights of Aino Rina, you know." The voice said. Tsubaki turned around.

Leaning against a pillar was a tall girl with red eyes and long, raven hair. Most of her hair was down, but she had a small ponytail at the back tied with a thin red ribbon. She grinned, her sharp teeth gleaming, almost like a cat's. The girl wore the school uniform with a blue ribbon, symbolising a cool type idol.

Tsubaki took on a defensive stance. "If Rina-senpai can do it... then so can we!" She shouted.

The mysterious girl laughed, as she played with a lock of her hair. "You're first years, right? So naïve~"

"What do you mean..?" Mai muttered, a look of confusion on her face.

"What I mean is not even Rina is as skilled as she appears."

"That makes no sense!" The purple haired girl snapped back. The older girl raised an eyebrow.

"It makes perfect sense. Aino Rina is a liar," She paused, before lowering her voice, "I know that better than anyone else." The older girl crossed her arms.

"Who even are you?" Tsubaki muttered, clenching her fist.

"Fuyuki Aya," the girl said, flipping her hair. "A third year. Would be Celestial Star if Rina wasn't so... Rina-like. Don't forget it!" She winked before walking off.

Tsubaki stared at Aya, frustrated.

"Geez, who does she think she is?!" Tsubaki burst out, startling Mai. "Just because she couldn't beat Rina doesn't mean we can't!" She pouted.

"I-I mean, she is our upperclassman? She might have a point... Rina-senpai's performance was really amazing..." Mai's voice trailed off, her eyes drifting to the floor. She had never seen Tsubaki so angry before. Noticing Mai's reaction, Tsubaki took a deep breath and shook her head.

"It's fine! She's wrong, so now I get the pleasure of proving it!" She said, grinning.

"You're... going to prove her wrong?" Mai asked timidly, looking up. Tsubaki nodded, passion filling her eyes.

"Of course I am!" She boldly exclaimed, a determined look on her face.

"But what if Fuyuki-senpai is right? What if she is somehow hacking the system? I mean, I've never seen such a big aura in my life!" She exclaimed, sighing dejectedly. Tsubaki sweatdropped.

"Wasn't that your first time seeing an aura?" Mai stayed silent for a couple of seconds, thinking, before pouting. Tsubaki smiled confidently and stepped forward. "I'll definitely prove Rina innocent!"

───  。゚☽:  * .♢. *  :☾ ° .  ───

"So... how are you planning on doing this again?" Mai asked. Tsubaki pulled multiple books from the library shelves and piled them at their desk.