「Phase 26」Famous ☆ Idol Part One

After the eventful Halloween, November quickly came around. Whilst busy, many students found themselves waiting for the upcoming, more exciting events to knock on their door.

"I wonder if anything interesting is on~," Hinata said. She, Tsubaki and Mai sat in the cafeteria, eating breakfast. Neither of the three had much lined up that day, so aside from lessons and their daily practise sessions, there wasn't much for them to do. Hinata looked on her phone, scrolling for something to do. It didn't take long for her bored expression to be replaced with excitement.

"Oooh, they're having an interview with the Silver Wing right now," she said, and turned to the other two, "Wanna watch it?"

Tsubaki's eyes widened, but neither took notice of this. Instead, Mai nodded. "You two and Sachiko talk about her so much, yet I don't know much at all about her... so I'd love to learn!"

Hinata grinned.

"Sachiko knew about her...?" Tsubaki asked, slightly pale. Mai nodded.

"Mhm! That's how I met you - she mistook you for her. Said something like 'it's just a Tsubasa lookalike'," she placed a finger to her lip, "That is her name, right?"

Before Tsubaki could reply, Hinata answered herself. "Yep! She just doesn't like to be referred to it during work. Something about not wanting to mix her personal life and work life," she explained.

"That makes sense."

With that explanation over, Hinata put the video on.

"This is the first time you've been back to Japan in a while, right?" the host asked, and Tsubaki turned even paler. She muttered something that Mai couldn't make out under her breath.

"Not exactly," the Silver Wing admitted. She had long, dark purple hair, and a graceful aura. Her skin was slightly tan too, and she was tall... despite the difference in composure and darker hair, Hinata wasn't kidding when she said Tsubaki resembled her. "I briefly returned at the end of May. This is my first official visit back, though - my family and I decided it'd be nice to spend my birthday back home, with everyone else."

"I see. I'm sure the viewers would like to know if you got up to anything interesting in your May visit."

"Well, I didn't stay long. I didn't want to make a big deal of things. The most noteworthy thing I did was go see Prism Tiara's spring showcase."

Tsubaki, who had been drinking, forgot how to drink in that moment, and began to cough.

"Tsubaki?!" Mai's eyes immediately darted over to her best friend. Concerned, she tried her best to support her.

It took a moment for Tsubaki to recover. "I'm okay," she reassured. "I... I didn't expect that. She came and I didn't know?"

"It sounded like she was going incognito. I doubt any of the staff even knew, especially when most people only know her stage name."

"I don't see why they'd tell you anyway. That being the debut of your first Premium Rare was enough pressure," Hinata added.

Tsubaki opened her mouth, about to say something... but she closed it before she could.

"I hope she enjoyed it," she eventually said, quieter than usual. "I admire her a lot. Only so many times somebody can compare me to her before I got curious and looked her up. It didn't take long for me to be dazzled by her... I wonder if I made her feel the same way."

Mai readjusted her ribbon, then looked to Tsubaki. "I'm sorry if this is out of nowhere, but the special someone you want to beat... is it her?"

A brief silence.