「Phase 31」Story Of Snow

A/N: Yes I know it's November lol.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"It's cold today," Mai said, as she and Tsubaki walked back onto school grounds. Mai had just had a TV appearance and Tsubaki had recorded for Midnight Wings; by chance, they ran into each other on the way back.

Tsubaki chuckled. "What did you expect? It's December," she said, giving a sly smile. "Christmas isn't that far away."

"Really?" Mai asked. Placing a finger to her lip, she thought about it... Tsubaki wasn't wrong.

Most years, Mai would be spending the lead up to Christmas with Sachiko, as the two chose presents for each other and partook in festive activities. This year would be different, though. Come the next few days, the idols would be preparing for Celestial Academy's annual Christmas party. She'd be spending most days with Tsubaki, Hinata and Kotone... she hoped it'd be fun.

Tsubaki sighed. "I should start trying to find presents for you all," she said. "Maybe I should get Hina some clothes. She likes those, right?"

"Doesn't she critique your fashion choices a lot?" Mai asked, and Tsubaki sweatdropped.

"You're not wrong," she admitted. "Maybe she'd appreciate perfume or something."

"Probably!"

The two made their way into the building.

"You two!" a familiar voice called out, as Hinata approached them, waving. Stars were present in her eyes. "Guess what?"

"Did something happen...?" Tsubaki asked with a cautious tone, and Hinata nodded.

"I managed to land us a stage at this year's Christmas party with MeguruMeguru!" She exclaimed, leaning in. Tsubaki took a step back, whilst Hinata continued. "A big stage, where everyone in the school will be watching us... I heard there'll even be a TV station there!"

Mai's mouth turned into an 'o' shape. "Really? That sounds like it'll be fun," she said.

Enthusiastically, Hinata nodded. "The Christmas party was already going to be fun, but this is even better!" she exclaimed, stepping back and twirling.

"You seem excited," Tsubaki said, and Hinata nodded.

"How could I not be?! I've celebrated Christmas before, but in the same boring, stuffy way my parents always do things... this time will be different, though! I've heard so many stories of how magical Christmas is, and I can't wait to experience it myself!"

Mai smiled. "We'll make it the best Christmas ever, then!" she announced, and Hinata nodded once again.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

Christmas Eve arrived quickly. All day, the students were preparing for the party, each doing the tasks they were assigned.

Mai, as expected, was helping out with the baking. She, along with a group of other students, was making Christmas themed treats to eat during the party.

"I think using softer colours for the icing would work," she said, "to create a more snowy, dreamy atmosphere."

The other students listened to her intently, many nodding along or looking for new coloured icing. One first year, who Mai recognised as Azusawa Asu from her class, flashed a smile at Mai.

"Amamiya-san, you know so much about this! I'm jealous~," she said with a joking tone.

"E-eh? It's nothing really, if anything I'm taking inspiration from Shiraishi-san's new coord. You should be praising her instead."