「Phase 27」Famous ☆ Idol Part Two

Tsubaki could still remember the day the Silver Wing had gained her wings.

It was the day before they had gotten all wrapped up in the modelling business. A normal evening, and the two were playing in a park. Things were going well until the Silver Wing had somehow gotten caught in a somewhat high up place.

"I can't get down!" She had cried.

"Just jump!" Tsubaki had shouted in return, "You'll be okay - I promise!"

"You promise?"

"I promise."

So, despite all the thoughts that had been telling her not to... the Silver Wing jumped.

Tsubaki could have sworn she saw her grow a pair of silver coloured wings as she flew in the sky. From that moment onwards, those invisible wings never left her side, allowing her to reach new, never seen before heights.

Whilst Tsubaki was grounded, left to watch.

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"Shimura-san!"

Hearing her name, Tsubaki opened her eyes. She looked around... her classroom. Nanami Kaori was standing in front of her, her expression stern.

"I'm sorry," Tsubaki apologised, turning red. Kaori sighed.

"This is the second time you've slept in class this week... come to talk to me after class, okay?"

Tsubaki muttered an 'okay' in response. The class then continued as normal. After class, as promised, Tsubaki went to see her teacher.

"Is something the matter, Shimura-san? You've been out of it recently."

"Nothing particularly. I just haven't been sleeping that well. I'll be better next time."

Kaori's stern expression melted into a sympathetic smile. She motioned for Tsubaki to take a seat. "I know what it feels like, being trapped in a sibling's shadow."

Just like the headmistress, Kaori knew too. Tsubaki wondered if the entire school knew at this point. "You do?" She asked, playing along.

"I do. Neither of us have mentioned this before, but Chisaka-sensei is my older brother. He always got better grades than me, was more athletic... I thought he was better than me in every single way. But then, after an argument, I ended up discovering that he thought the same about my good points. We made up and now look at us. We even work the same job," she chuckled "Not that I'd recommend that if you can help it."

Tsubaki forced a small laugh.

"I'm sure she admires you just as much as you admire her. Whilst it's important to strive for new heights, overworking yourself can be detrimental to your health. Please be careful, Shimura-san."

Mai had made her promise a similar thing a couple of days back... Tsubaki muttered an okay, then was permitted to leave. She wasn't overworking herself, why did everyone think she was?!

Tsubaki found Mai, Hinata and Kotone at the school's entrance, along with some other first-years. They were decorating by the looks of things, mainly painting and hanging up banners.

"Thank you, Arisa-chan!" Hinata called, as a first-year grabbed a new colour of the fabric. Hinata turned around and noticed Tsubaki.

"Tsubaki!" She approached her friend, "We're trying to make the entrance look nice for the Silver Wing's appearance tomorrow. What do you think?"

Tsubaki scanned the area. There was a big banner for them to all hold, saying 'Welcome, Silver Wing!' with cute wing designs on either side of the text. Along the side the entrance were streamers - mainly coloured silver, but there were a couple of pastel purple and pastel blue ones too.