「Phase 28」Fluffy Pyjamas Battle!

Hinata scrolled through the audition notices, trying to find one that stood out to her. That one looked too boring, that one was too long, that one had an ugly logo... it was difficult, to say the least.

"Just choose one already, Hinata."

Her roommate, Hanazono Suzume looked at the blonde with an impatient expression. In response, Hinata pouted, continuing to scroll.

"I'm not going to choose one that doesn't look fun-" she started, then her eyes lit up, "Ah!"

Suzume raised an eyebrow, as Hinata jumped up.

"This one looks cute! To be in a commercial for a pair of pyjamas... definitely cute and fun!" She exclaimed, sticking her tongue out as she applied.

"You're sure you want to take that one? There'll be a lot of better-suited competition."

"I'll win. I'm Hina-sama."

"May I remind you who won the CD debut?" Suzume asked, pointing to the CD on top of their drawer, with an unbearable smug expression. Hinata grumbled slightly, turning away.

"That's only 'cause the other two had problems and it brought group morale down," she muttered. Then, she raised her voice. "Besides, that's the only audition I've ever failed!"

"You sure are confident," Suzume commented. "I wonder if you're truly right to feel such a way, though~."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, nothing."

─── 。゚☽: * .♧. * :☾ ° . ───

"She's so, so, so annoying!" Hinata complained as the three sat in the cafeteria.

"Hanazono-san?" Tsubaki asked, "She's in my class, and she seems fine. Maybe a little vain, but it's not like you of all people can complain about that."

Hinata scoffed. "She's way worse than me."

"I guess I'll take your word for it."

"Well, I think Hina-chan's right when she says she'll win," Mai said, "I think it'd be really cute, too."

"Right, right?"

Tsubaki smiled and began to play with her usual loose strand of hair. "I wonder what kind of audition it'll be."

"Well, if it's like the jewellery one from a couple of weeks back, I guess posing with plushies. I think I want it to be that."

Tsubaki smirked. "Well, if you need practice, I just happen to know somebody who owns a plushie."

"You do?"

Tsubaki turned to look at Mai, who was bright red. The latter crossed her arms.

"N-no I don't!" She insisted, "I'm nearly a teenager, and teenagers don't sleep with plushies. So I don't own any!"

Tsubaki couldn't help but laugh. "I've seen them before. It's cute!"

The red in Mai's face deepened. "Isn't it dumb?"

"Not really. You know, Tsubasa still sleeps with one too."

"She does?" Mai and Hina asked in unison.

"A small white rabbit which fits in the palm of her hand. I got her it for our birthday when we were younger," Tsubaki described, causing both girl's eyes to sparkle.

"Cute..."

"It's decided then! I'll borrow Mai-chan's plushie, and win the Fluffy Pyjamas audition!" Hinata announced, pointing a finger to the sky.