「Phase 20」Full Of Love

"Please, come back!"

"I refuse."

"Everyone is relying on you... I can't believe you'd betray them all."

The credits rolled, and Hinata closed the application. "They kept the line from the audition?" She asked, and Tsubaki nodded, wiping tears away from her eyes. Despite being one of the main actresses herself, and having read the script, even seeing Kira practise and perform it multiple times, she still found herself in tears every time. Not to mention the rain and soundtrack amplifying the entire scene's atmosphere.

Mai smiled. "I think it's an improvement. That's why you used it, right?" She asked.

"Ah, well... I may have forgotten my lines," Tsubaki admitted, "All I could think of was a countdown."

"You're welcome."

The three turned to Kotone, surprised by her sudden interjection. Up until now, she remained silent, not even commenting on the drama. Despite her tone of voice being completely deadpanned, as it always was, she appeared strangely smug.

"Was that your plan all along?!" Tsubaki asked, and Kotone nodded.

"It was a rather weak line, and the distraction had a 78% chance of success," she explained. "It also increased your chance of being chosen by 16.7%."

"That's not that high of a chance!"

"It was a success all the same," Kotone said. Tsubaki was tempted to press on, but in the end, she knew that'd be wasting everyone's time on a non-existent issue. She got up.

"I'm going on a run, anyone want to join me?"

"I will," Hinata said, also getting up. "I have an audition tomorrow, after all."

Kotone also got up, silently agreeing to go too. Tsubaki looked at Mai expectantly. Usually, she was the first to agree, excitedly exclaiming 'Let's Aikatsu!' or something along those lines. It was fair to imagine the same reaction this time too. However, she shook her head.

"I'd love too, but Shiraishi-san wanted to see me today. I don't think I have enough time before then... have fun, though!"

"Ehh? Who's going to stop Tsubaki nagging at me?" Hinata jokingly asked, pouting. She put on a more serious expression. "She wants to see you? Do you have an audition coming up or something?"

Mai shook her head. "My last one was yesterday, and I haven't signed up for any yet. I've not heard news of any event, either." Pastel Macaron was the brand Ai was the Top Designer of, and the one Mai had chosen to use as her primary brand. It only recently had its start at the end of May; not quite being big enough to hold entire showcases like Prism Tiara frequently had. Mai hadn't been specifically asked to perform anywhere either, and even if she had, she'd be the one contacting Ai. Not the other way around. Yet, despite the strange circumstances, Mai was optimistic. She had faith in Ai, after all.

Tsubaki waved. "Good luck, Mai!"

"Good luck to you too!"

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

Mai walked into the cafe, smiling. It still had the same comforting, homely atmosphere as before, which greatly helped in putting her heart to ease. The building was filled with people conversing, and the sound of laughter. The wooden furniture and hand-made decorations helped add to the feeling too - Mai easily understood why Ai had decided to station her brand above it.

"Mai-chan!"

A familiar voice called out her name. Mai's eyes followed the direction of the voice, landing upon Ai. She was sat at a table, waving for the idol.