「Phase 25」Eerie Happenings..!

"Happy Halloween!" Kaoru shouted, holding a jack-o-lantern up in the air. It was the end of October, meaning the scariest day of the year was fast approaching. "Here in Celestial Academy, we hold a special Halloween event every year. Both first and second years compete to see who can collect the most candy from us teachers and their upperclassmen. Whoever wins gets to perform on our special Halloween stage!"

The room was quickly filled with students excitedly talking about this new revelation.

"A Halloween event... this sounds like fun," Mai said to Hinata. The latter nodded.

"I've never really had a proper Halloween before. This will be my first, so I'm excited!!"

"Really?" Mai asked, "We have to make this great, then!" She paused, then turned back to face Kotone. "Kotone-chan, you should join us too."

"I do not comprehend this 'Halloween' you speak of."

"Well..." Mai placed a finger to her lip, "It's a night where people dress and scare each other. If they're impressed, they'll gift you candy!"

"I'm sure you'd be good at that," Hinata chimed in, and Kotone narrowed her eyes.

"Scanning mental database for ways to scare others... results acquired. Children are 43% more likely to die on October 31st in comparison to other days of the year."

Hinata sweatdropped. "Not that kind of scary."

"Is that true...?" Mai muttered.

"Moving away from Kotone being morbid, we need to think of costumes too!" Hinata exclaimed. "We could think of some really cute ones too!! Maybe I could be a witch, or fairy, or maybe a demon, or a ghost or... maybe everything!"

"That's a bit excessive," Mai said, and Hinata sighed.

"I know," she said, prolonging the 'know'. "I want to do it all. This year is serious business though - we have strong rivals!"

Mai tilted her head slightly. Strong rivals...? Then, her eyes widened, and she looked to Kotone.

"Kotone-chan, what's the probability of either member of MeguruMeguru winning?"

"84.09%."

"What about one of us four?"

"39.512%."

Less than half, despite double the amount of people. The odds of MeguruMeguru winning was huge, especially with their aesthetic. Hearing these statistics, Hina pouted.

"Liar."

"I don't think she is... their theme is the supernatural. Just that alone would be enough to push them above us, let alone them having more experience."

"Have more experience than us... not necessarily." Hinata grinned. She was not going to let them lose to those second-years.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

Tsubaki turned bright red. "This is embarrassing..." she muttered. The night had finally arrived, and the first and second years were gathered in the courtyard. She was dressed as Cinderella, with her hair down. She wore a light blue dress with white accents and silver accessories, with the iconic glass slippers.

"Come on, it looks cute!" Hinata insisted. Her hair was tied in high twintails, and she wore a yellow dress with orange pumpkin accents. Tsubaki just turned redder.

"Are you sure this fits me?"

"Totally sure!" Hinata reassured.

"It's cute on you, Tsubaki," Mai agreed.