「Phase 37」Minako's Dance

Ever since the unit cup had ended, things had become quieter in Minako's life. Even if she had plenty of work as Kizuna, Rina and Aya had so much more solo work than her. Even when she did manage to talk to both of them at the same time, things were... a little more awkward than either of her friends would care to admit.

It was understandable, but... a little lonely.

"You feel like your Aikatsu is lacking?" Rina asked when Minako approached her about this.

"Yeah. I love Kizuna, but I wanna do more alone, like you and Aya-chan."

Rina pushed a strand of hair out of her face, narrowing her eyes.

"You might want to look into finding a brand and getting a Premium Rare," she said. "Royal Sky isn't exactly an active brand anymore."

"I wouldn't want to use it anyway," she chuckled, "No offence to Amamiya-kun."

Rina gave a small smile. "True, it's not exactly the most fitting brand for a sexy type," she said. She got her phone out, and brought up a page online.

"Here's a list of sexy type brands," Rina said, "It may be worth looking into them. For example Prism Tiara, one of the currently most popular brands, which aims to make girls sparkle like prisms."

Minako pursed her lips. "I've seen that one around," she said, "Not the biggest fan."

Rina's eyes widened slightly. "You're not?"

"Not really."

"What kind of brand are you looking for, then?"

Resting her chin in her hands, Minako thought over this for a while. What kind of brand did she want? Admittedly, she hadn't previously given this as much thought as she really ought to have.

"Maybe... something opposite to Royal Sky?"

:..."

"What?"

Rina shook her head, taking herself out of that state of mild shock. "Nothing really, it's just... a rather big change."

"I want to try something new," Minako refuted, "Even if I end up changing again, I want to give this a try."

"If you're sure..." Rina scrolled down the page. "Star Devil. A brand which takes typically 'cute' concepts and turns them on their head." Rina smiled softly. "I think it's perfect for the new you."

"Star Devil..." a smile began to form in Minako's face, and her eyes became just a little brighter, "That sounds perfect!"

Looking through the brand's details, Rina spoke up again. "It looks like they're looking for a new representative. Whoever wins a dance competition they're holding gets a chance to discuss with the designer for a Premium Rare," she explained, raising her eyebrows, "Must be a fussy designer if they're making you compete for the chance to ask for a Premium Rare. You're okay with that?"

"If it's a dance competition, that's perfect!!"

Giggling, Rina placed down her phone. "If it works for you, I won't intervene. The competition is on Thursday - good luck."

"Thank you, Rina-chan," Minako said, getting up. She picked up her bag. "I'll go practice, then!"

"I have work to do, but I'll be rooting for you."

"Thank you!!"

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Now wearing the school tracksuit, Minako walked into a lesson room, her confidence levels higher than ever. All she had to do was dance, and she'd be given a Premium Rare! An important milestone for any new idol (well, she wasn't new, but this was a fresh start for her). Before long, she'd surely be just as ahead as both Aya and Rina!