"Stiles," I said softly, unsure of what I could say that would change the fact that our best friend thought he would kill someone in cold blood. Or how he had taken that step away from Stiles as if the boy would actually hurt him.

My boyfriend ignored me, reaching into the car and grabbing the bloodied wrench. He walked away from the Jeep a bit, readying to throw the wrench before stopping in his tracks. He turned around slowly, looking in my direction, before back down at the wrench.

Taking a step forward, he threw the wrench at the Jeep, effectively smashing the windscreen. I jumped back to avoid the spray of glass, small shards landing at my feet.

The wrench clattered down onto the hood, and then the only noise I could hear was Stiles' heavy breathing. I watched as he walked over to the Jeep slowly, collapsing down beside it and resting his back against it.

Cautiously, I walked around to the side of the Jeep where he was seated. His knees were up and he was staring at his hands. Sitting down beside him, I reached forward and took one of his hands in my own. "Stiles-"

But, to my shock, he pulled his hand away. I was too surprised to hide my hurt expression as I looked at him. "Just don't, Riley," he said, shaking his head.

My mouth fell open a little, unsure of how to respond. I put my hands down in my lap, eyes focused only on my boyfriend. "Don't what?"

He ran his hands through his hair roughly, before looking at me. "Act like everything is going to be okay. It's not."

"You don't know that, Stiles," I said, trying to have some sort of hope. "Scott could-"

"Riley, for fuck's sake just stop!" he growled as he stood up, looking down at me. "Did you see the way he was looking at me? What he said?"

Standing up, I was feeling my calm demeanour beginning to slip. "Yes, Stiles. I was there. He's not exactly pleased with me either," I reminded him, holding up my arm. The wound from Scott's claws was still not completely healed, fresh blood seeping from it. After everything that happened, I wasn't exactly focused on healing.

"You'll heal," he said spitefully, half rolling his eyes as he turned away from me.

Eyes widening slightly, I released a scoff, done with his attitude. "I have been by your side this whole time; trusting you. Scott is the one who didn't believe you. Theo-"

"Theo's not the one who I trusted; who I let myself believe in. I was probably wrong about him - just like I was wrong about you!" He shouted, turning back around sharply. "You said Scott would understand that it was self-defence! That I had no choice!"

He really trusted Theo more than he trusted me?

"Because I thought he would!" I shouted right back. "I'm not Scott, Stiles, and I'm not a goddamn mind reader! How was I supposed to know he wouldn't?"

"Then maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all!"

Brows raised in disbelief, I stared at him, "Are you fucking kidding me right now? One minute you want my opinion, next I shouldn't have said anything? What do you want from me, Stiles?"

"I never asked for your opinion, Riley," He spat. "But just like everything else, you always need to know everyone else's business."

Shaking my head, I waved a hand at him, "This conversation isn't going to end well, so I'm stopping it before one of us says something they regret."
I took my phone out of my pocket as I turned around and began to walk away. Unlocking the device, I prepared to text Charlotte.

"That's right, run away like you always do!" Stiles called after me.

I stopped immediately, turning around slowly to meet his gaze. "What?" I asked as I walked back over to him.