42|collateral damage

Poor Stiles just you 't catch a break (she writes as if she doesn't have complete control over it)

Early update for you guys
——————————

Stiles woke up in a hospital chair, jumping slightly when he saw Melissa sitting right in front of him

Stiles woke up in a hospital chair, jumping slightly when he saw Melissa sitting right in front of him. Isaac was in the chair a couple down, still fast asleep.

Melissa put a hand on his arm, trying to get him to take a minute to breathe. When he was focussing on her, she finally spoke. "He's okay. Doctor Geyer is stitching him up right now."

"Okay, I wanna see him," Stiles stated, preparing to get up.

Melissa made him stop, gently sitting him back down. "Okay, okay. The anesthesia needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

"Okay, yeah, but everything's gonna be okay though, I mean, he's okay?"

The woman gave him a soft smile, "He's gonna be just fine."

Stiles sat back in the chair, a look of relief melting into his features as his voice came out shaky, "Oh, thank God. And Riley. What about Riley?"

Melissa immediately dropped eye contact, not wanting to ruin the boy's moment of relief. At the mention of her name, it seemed, Isaac awoke also, rubbing his eyes.

"What happened? Is she awake?" he asked, shifting to sit up.

The woman pursed her lips, shaking her head. "Not yet. She's got a fracture on the back of her skull and some sort of blood poisoning, but we're not sure. She's alive, but something's happening to her."

"Something's happening to her?" Stiles repeated, dread filling his heart.

"Something not. . . normal. She should've woken up by now. I've let Charlotte know; she's in the next town over on business but is on her way back and will be here with Iris in the morning. I'll let you both know when we know more, okay?"

Stiles bit his lip, nodding as he tried not to cry again. His dad and Riley were the only family that he had left; he couldn't lose any more.

Melissa patted his shoulder once, before getting up and heading back towards the hospital rooms. She hadn't been lying, they had no idea what was wrong with Riley, she just wouldn't wake up. Melissa could only imagine that it had something to do with the meeting with Theo that Isaac had spoken of, but she couldn't be certain.

"She's going to be okay," Isaac insisted, more to himself than anything. "It's Riley. She's too stubborn to go out like this."

Stiles wished he could smile at the sentiment. He knew Isaac was right about her being stubborn, which meant she would fight. But if this wasn't a normal thing that could be treated medically, what if she couldn't?

He thought it best to keep this thought to himself, not wanting both of them to have lost their faith.

♧♤♢♡