82|merged

I can't believe I've nearly written the whole series, this is crazy.

——————————

We had been waiting in the classroom for hours in almost silence

We had been waiting in the classroom for hours in almost silence. We all felt nervous waiting to see whether Quinn would show up or not.

When we finally heard a door open in the hallway, the sun had set and the classroom was dark. We all shared a knowing look, realising what was about to happen.

"That's her, isn't it?" Mrs Finch asked, noticing all of our reactions.

Scott nodded, watching as Liam approached the door cautiously. I wasn't a werewolf so I couldn't pick up on chemosignals, but I could tell he was more anxious than Scott or me.

"Well, what are you planning to do?" the woman questioned Scott.

"Shh," Liam instructed, trying to listen to what was going on in the hallway.

"You- you're not going to try to hurt her, are you? That's my daughter."

"We're gonna do what we have to do."

Mrs Finch moved closer, nervous. "What exactly does that mean?"

"Just stay back," Scott told her.

The three of us stood staring at the door, waiting for Quinn to arrive. I notice Scott with his hands at his side, preparing to take his claws out. Following his lead, I began to focus and draw the air towards me.

"Liam? Ri?" Scott said quietly.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm ready, Scott."

"Ready," Liam agreed.

Suddenly, Mrs Finch came up behind us all and threw wolfsbane in our faces. The boys began coughing uncontrollably, dropping to the ground under the influence of the dust. The woman threw it at me also, clearly not knowing that I wasn't a werewolf, before running out the door.

I knelt beside Scott, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he said between coughs. "Go after her, stop her before it gets to her."

Nodding, I stood up and moved quickly, ready to go after the woman. I grabbed the handle of the door, only to find that Mrs Finch had locked it on her way out.

"Dammit!" I hissed as I shook the handle. Shaking my hands, I focused, knowing we didn't have time to waste.
"Alright, come on, Riley," I mumbled to myself, trying to hype myself up. "If Lydia can scream down a reinforced door, you can deal with one high school door."

I gathered my strength, eyes glowing silver as I took a deep breath. Putting as much physical and supernatural force behind it as I could, I walked up a kicked the door like I had seen them do in shows like Criminal Minds.