38|believe me

Getting to the end of the season now - definitely much shorter than the other parts, but I've been going for higher word counts this time around.

Thank you to those of you who are still voting as well as reading, it means a lot to me.

Let me know what you're thinking.

——————————

Stiles' call had been to tell me that while we were at the hospital that night, he had found Parrish's badge

Stiles' call had been to tell me that while we were at the hospital that night, he had found Parrish's badge. At first, I was confused, but then, he started putting the pieces together for me.

I had had him on speaker so that Isaac was able to hear as well. Surprisingly, Stiles didn't sound too peeved off about the fact that Isaac was sitting in my bedroom.

Apparently, the badge had scorch marks as if it had been near a fire. Stiles had recalled to us how when he and Theo were attacked at the clinic, whatever had done it looked like it was on fire.

I had then informed Stiles that Parrish had left his post at the school that same night, disappearing to who knows where. Well, apparently, he had disappeared to the Clinic.

It was all beginning to make sense, and I couldn't tell whether or not I was glad for it. As far as we knew, Parrish had no idea that he was the one stealing the bodies because he didn't even know what he was.

He was still working with Lydia on figuring it out, but they hadn't had much luck on the matter yet. That was why Stiles had run the badge by Lydia first; to see whether or not he was right about Parrish.

She had obviously agreed because for the following few days the four of us had been going out into the woods in search of the bodies. Lydia believed that Parrish was taking them to the Nemeton.

It was all well and good knowing where the bodies were, that wasn't the problem. The problem was, that the Nemeton couldn't just be found.

No, apparently this magic tree was a bit fussy, and not just anyone can find it. Even between a genius human, Banshee, werewolf and Sylph, we were yet to have any luck.

The last time we had tried to find it Stiles, Scott and Allison had had to die. Even though it worked last time, no one was really willing to give that another go. Especially since Doctor Deaton was still missing.

Scott had been trying to get into contact with him, but the man just wasn't responding. I was a bit worried. Deaton was a good man, capable of defending himself but when the Pack needed him, he was there. So the fact that he wasn't picking up the phone was worrying in itself.

Either way, we had to keep going.

And that's why Isaac, Lydia, Stiles and I were out in the woods again. We had been planning to go back to school about an hour ago but got distracted thinking that we were finally close to finding the Nemeton.