XXV: Fairy Godmother

Start from the beginning

"Reid," Hotch's voice comes from the doorway.

A squeeze to his hand from Eden lets him know it's okay and he stands up and leaves to the hallway.

"Before you say anything, I obviously know about your relationship. You guys kissed in front of us," Hotch's lips turned slightly, "It's fine as long as you don't let it get in the way of your job, sort of like it did today."

Spencer nodded, completely understanding. Hotch patted Spencer's shoulder and went to the team.

Spencer went back into the room to find Eden just tearing apart her styrofoam cup. With a slight chuckle, he sat down next to her bed again. She looked towards him with tense shoulders, and once getting a nod, she relaxed.

"so, what are we?" Eden broke the silence.

"I guess boyfriend and girlfriend, we already had sex," Spencer shrugged.

"wow, 'i guess', that's really reassuring," Eden replied sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Would you, Eden Verbenia Ellis, be my girlfriend?" Spencer asked dramatically.

"I'll need a second to think about it," Eden replied and turned her back towards him. With a gasp from him, she turned back with a wide grin, "of course, dum dum."

"Who are you calling dum dum?" Spencer asked in mock offense.

"well, technically, I can call you dum dum all I want as A) your girlfriend, and B) I have an IQ of 188, while you, kind sir, have one of 187," She retorted with a hair flip.

Spencer laughed and looked into her eyes, moving her hair back he said, "I love you."

Eden blushed and replied playfully, "I love you more."

Spencer leaned in and mumbled against her lips, "Not possible."

The two kissed for a few seconds before the beeping of the machine stopped them.

"I'm getting you all worked up," Spencer laughed.

Eden shoved him slightly, "So? you get hooked up to one of these machines."

"I have. Many times," He responded.

The two laughed, Spencer sat back down and held Eden's hand. A few seconds of silence when Eden asks, " How's abiona?"

"No injuries, luckily," he nodded.

The doctor came in, interrupting the building conversation.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Molina," she shook hands with Eden.

"Hi," Eden replied softly.

"Well, I have some bad news and good news. The bad news is you have a sprained hand and broken ankle. Good news, the baby is okay!"

Both Spencer and Eden immediately turn their heads in the doctor's direction.

"T- th- what?" Eden stuttered.

"Oh, you didn't know," Dr. Molina laughed dryly, "You're pregnant."

"H-How far along?" Spencer asks.