Chapter II: A Butterfly's Cocoon

"A stunning first impression was not the same thing as love at first sight

"A stunning first impression was not the same thing as love at first sight. But surely it was an invitation to consider the matter." - Lois McMaster Bujold

~

Maybe I'll stay in my reality for a little bit.
~

Eden couldn't help but stare at the enormous building in front of her. She started walking down toward the entrance. Her heels clacking on the ground as she tries to compose herself and not trip over her own feet. Her clammy hands flattening down her dress shirt and pants before she reaches the door. Taking a deep breath, Eden reaches for the handle and swings the door open. Despite her urges to run back the other way she came from, she held herself together. She flashes her badge and is authorized to enter.

"I am going to piss my pants, " she thought before reaching the elevator and pressing the number for the BAU floor.

Her curly hair flows down to her collarbones, lightly bouncing with each step. She gives herself a final glance at the distorted reflection in front of her. Eden wears a lilac button-up with black dress pants and a grey cardigan with light purple embroidering at the ends of her sleeves. She gives herself a pep talk as she gazes in the elevator.

"You are badass and beautiful and nervous as fuck and I'm really doubting my pep talk abilities," she whispers.

Her failed pep talk is interrupted by the doors opening to reveal the BAU.

"Holy crap I'm actually here!!" she chuckles lightly, "now I don't know where to go. Shit."

Eden's POV:

You gently tap a brunette woman on the shoulder, in hopes of finding Unit Chief Hotchner's office. The woman turns around, she's wearing a maroon shirt with nice dress pants, her hair cascades a few inches below her shoulders, and her shirt shows more than a bit of cleavage. You can't lie, that's the first thing you noticed, other than her beauty.

"Do you happen to know where Aaron Hotchner's office is?" you ask the gorgeous woman. "You must be Eden Ellis! I'm Emily Prentiss it's very nice to meet you! I can show you the way right now." the woman, who I now know as Emily, tells me as she shakes my hand and leads the way up a couple of steps.

I try and avoid the stares I'm getting from a group of people.

do I have something in my ass?

Your train of thoughts is interrupted by Emily grabbing my hand after walking up the steps.

"It's just down here! It was nice to meet you, I can't wait to see you in the field." Emily says with a wink.

I nearly missed the slight flirtation due to me about to jump out of a window out of anxiety. I just mumbled thank you and began walking towards Aaron Hotchner's office. With my hands getting sweatier by the minute, I lightly knock on the door and hear, "Come in!"