Chapter XVIII: Queries and Affairs

"Well, there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded

"Well, there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded."
-Diana, Princess of Wales

~
"Good night, beautiful."
~

The morning after seemed to be a blur to Eden. But instead of being hungover on alcohol, she was hungover on affection. The small glances he'd give her when he thought she couldn't notice, the way his arm rested on her shoulder, and the small circles he'd draw on her bicep, all made her drunk on his devotion.

She awoke the next day, immediately noticing his missing warmth. Although she felt warm again once she saw his note--

I didn't want to overstay my welcome, I'll see you at work :) - 187

Her stomach was filled with butterflies, her grin wide. Her excitement was sadly cut short by a call by Garcia telling her to get her butt to the jet. The case lasted almost a week and before the team could get even one day of rest, another case came up. And then another.

And another.

Psychopaths and sociopaths really have no sympathy for the BAU, huh?

During these trips, Eden and Spencer only grew closer. They'd work on the geographic profile together, go out on a stakeout, arrest unsubs.

You know, normal couple things.

And yet they still don't know what they were. It was eating them both alive. Eden couldn't hang out sadly any time they did have time off. Anytime she could she cared for Andy and continued to help him with his upcoming trial.

Because apparently, the dash cam can't prove that it was not self-defense, and instead attempted murder. 

They tried their best to hang out on the jet or even a bit in the office, continuing to exhibit small gestures of their affection they could drown in. The coffee that Spencer would refill with no question, or when Eden takes some files off his desk when she gets done early with her paperwork and sees him a bit stuck.

And it may even be a bit too early to tell but Spencer knew he was falling for her. And he couldn't be more happy-- and scared. This is why when the most recent case ended and the team had a mandatory vacation after 2 months of nonstop work, he quickly caught up with Eden at the elevator entrance to ask her a very important question.

Spencer quickly jogged to the other young doctor at the elevator doors, giving her a tight-lipped smile before she spoke up,

"You doing anything this weekend?"

Spencer shook his head no and said, "what about you?"