Chapter XXIII: Almed

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
- Kahlil Gibran

~
"The unsub has Abiona."
~

One week.

A week, the unsub has had a 2-year old girl and no one noticed. The brainless cops assumed that the missing baby no longer in their crib was probably with their non-dead parent.

Right now, that child needs care. And not from a serial killer.

Abiona needs baby food, she needs to be changed, she needs to be loved.

She needs her mom.

And if anyone understands a child aching for their mother, it's Eden.

Being targeted in this case was definitely not the plan for her, nonetheless, she convinced Hotch to let her at least stay in the station. No going out in the field. Which is completely understandable. But that doesn't stop them from worrying. Especially Spencer.

"Spence, " Eden hummed, "I'm fine."

Spencer hasn't been paying attention to the case, although he knows he needs to. He feels as though time might be running out with Eden, so he doesn't let his gaze move from her.

"We need to find this girl, " Eden looked up from her file, "I'm gonna be fine, no going out in the field, and I'll be with you guys the whole time. No one's gonna get me."

Eden stood up and fixed the glasses on Spencer's face, "Nice frames, " She giggled. A small smile appeared on Spencer's face as he cupped her cheeks, trying to take her in. Her beauty, mind, and spirit, all of it. Like he won't see her again.

JJ entered the room with three coffees, smirking at the two young doctors. She cleared her throat making the two snap their heads toward her, faces red and Spencer putting his hands in his pockets nervously.

"Victimology, " Eden changed any upcoming topic JJ was about to mention.

"Victimology, " JJ smiled at the two before shaking her head back to the case, "oh yeah, victimology."

~

Rossi and Hotch had made their way back to the station where the rest of the team is working, answering an important call from Garcia.

"Garcia, what do you have?"

"Okay, so I did my routinely backup check on the victims and I noticed something off about Jesse," She began.