Chapter XIV: The Officer Who Cried Skank

TW: Sexual Assault, Murder

"Kiss me until I forget how terrified I am of everything wrong with my life

"Kiss me until I forget how terrified I am of everything wrong with my life."
- Beau Taplin

~
She kisses him.
~

She cups his face and sinks into his lips. A split second before he sinks with her. The others lip as if they were a sea that they weren't afraid to drown in. The kiss was unlike any other kiss before-- not with Anna or Mady, something new. She pulls back—

Her eyes peering into his, asking him—

Is this okay?

Her question is answered once he pulls her back in. This time, more intense. No longer are they drowning, but igniting a fire between them. A fire they wish to burn in. A fire they yearn to take their last breath in.

A few moments pass before they pull away, catching their breath, looking into the eyes of each other for any indication to not continue--

Yet Spencer settles back in his seat,

"The team might be worried."

Eden realizes they needed to head towards the hotel, "Right, " she forces a laugh, "the team."

She heads back towards the hotel, the tension in the air increasing by the minute. The drive stays silent, both the doctors racking their brain for what the hell this means now.

Eden parks at the hotel gets out of the car to grab her bags. Spencer follows her lead, simply grabbing the bag between his legs to head to the lobby.

As they both enter the building, they realize--

We're doubling up.

They glance at each other for a split second before heading to the front desk to grab their keys. Once they receive them, they head onto the elevator, entering it once it arrives. The ride increases the tension between the two, taunting both of them.

Once they arrive at the room, Eden heads to put her key in the slot-- a mission she can't complete. Spencer chuckles before grabbing her key card and entering with ease.

Eden enters the room and drops her bags, opening them a second after. She breaks the silence,

"I'm gonna take a shower if you don't mind."

"You're good, " he replies, his voice cracking, he clears his throat, "do you have a preference on which bed?"

Eden shakes her head before rushing to the bathroom, she sets her clothes down and strips, she starts up the shower as Spencer changes into pajamas.

20 minutes pass and Eden walks out of the bathroom noticing Reid simply reading a book--

A book he hasn't turned the page to in the last 20 minutes.