IDFB 12c: And your enemies closer ☹️

The first thing Fries noticed was that he was really uncomfortable. His bed just felt like a hard, metal frame. The second thing he noticed was that he was almost vertical. Did I really fall asleep leaning against a wall? he thought groggily. After those two points, he deduced that he, in fact, wasn't in his bed after all.

So then where was he?

Fries opened his eyes.

The room he was in looked exactly like how he would imagine a scientist's laboratory would be like, except for the fact that the walls were a dull grey, rather than stark white. From what he could see, matching counters lined the lower half of the walls to the left and right of the room, with a door in the center. Cabinets were also attached to the upper part of the wall wherever there was a counter. On one of the counters to his left, someone was fiddling with something, but Fries couldn't see who or what yet, as both his vision and mind were still a little fuzzy from waking up.

However, he could tell that the room was quite messy. Most of the cabinet doors were open at odd angles, with haphazardly placed contents inside. One sink in a counter looked like it was filled to the brim with glass beakers. As for the floor, most of it was simply covered in papers of all sizes.

Still feeling sleepy, Fries didn't quite absorb any of this as strange just yet. It was only when he looked to his right and saw Leafy strapped to a near-vertical table next to him that his senses snapped into place. "Huh? Leafy??"

Leafy glanced over at him sadly. "Hello, Fries."

"What are- where are-" Fries tried to move his limbs, only just then noticing the third thing: he was restrained to the same sort of table that Leafy was. "Hey, what the-!"

Hey, you. You're finally awake, a voice 'said.' Fries turned (to the best of his ability, seeing as how his movement was limited) to his left to see the other figure speaking to him. But... what was the other figure? It was very strange-looking, with a general body shape that reminded him of something familiar.

"W-who are you?" Fries stuttered, slightly put off by waking up in an unfamiliar environment with an unknown being, a leaf that had a terrible reputation, and metal bands on his limbs.

The creature turned to him and bowed dramatically. Seekayaitch, at your service, it 'spoke.' Fries realized that it was speaking in his mind somehow, rather than using their vocal cords. You may recognize my species as a human.

"Really?" Fries questioned, now a bit curious. "I mean, I can see similarities between you and David and Dora, but-"

Seekayaitch sighed out loud. I'm really tired of being compared to those grey-skinned goons. But you're not here to listen to me lamenting about two idiotic clones.

"Well then, why ARE we here?" Fries said loudly, suddenly angry. He was still nervous, but this human had no right to capture him and lock him up.

I might as well start from the beginning. Seekayaitch rubbed his hands with what Fries interpreted as glee, and there was a look in the human's eyes that unnerved the fast food. I've always wanted to do an evil villain style monologue. It all started when I was a little boy... nah, just kidding. Almost exactly a year ago, Pencil and her alliance stumbled across a teleportation device that led them here, to our spaceship.

Leafy shuddered slightly at the mention of Pencil's name. "'Our?'" Fries asked, confused. "Wait! We're in space?!"

Correct. We are in space, and 'our' refers to me and my brother, Emwhyaitch. Getting back to my story, I may have accidentally let it slip that we created you objects. Well, not-