IDFB 9a: Don't call me that! 💬

April 4th

A mysterious green pentagon-shaped figure struggled to the summit of Yoyle Mountain. (At least, they made it to the base of the giant pole that led to the real summit.) Stopping to catch their breath, they leaned on the pole with one hand and pulled out their map with the other.

"Hmm," they hummed. "This should be the right place." They lowered their map to see a large city spread out across the land below the mountain - countless buildings and houses overtaking the purple-stained grass like a plague. "Certainly looks like it."

Taking a quick glance at the out-of-place mining equipment on top of the mountain, they rolled up their map and mentally prepared themself for the trip down to the city. It was time to visit an old friend.

--------------------

"...so anyway, that's why Needle doesn't like being called Needy," Pin finished explaining.

"Huh." Coiny scratched his 'chin.' "I never knew. That's so strange!"

"That does seem a bit odd," Tree agreed.

Pin nodded. "I know, right? It doesn't really make sense, but what can you do?"

"Maybe we should stop calling her Needy," Puffball suggested as she floated by. Rocky, who was sitting on her head, went "Mm-hm!" in agreement.

"Only if I get to call you Puffy instead." Coiny shot finger guns at her.

"Don't call me that!"

Their walking eventually brought them into view of the Yoyle Needy, coincidentally. The group spotted Fries digging away at his garden, which had long since been repaired after Firey's cage crashed into it. Several young sprouts had, well, sprouted recently.

"Hey, Fries!" Puffball called over. "We're going to see who's gonna be released from the LOL next. You coming?"

"Not this time, sorry," Fries said, then hiccupped. "I'm getting really tired of these hiccups, so I want to grow TB's new grotatoes as soon as I can."

Coiny shrugged. "Suit yourself, tater tots."

"Don't call me that!"

After an indeterminate amount of time, as the objects seemed to be able to move across the large city in inexplicably varying speeds (totally not something that the author couldn't be bothered to be accurate with haha), they reached the Locker Of Losers. Not that many people were there this time - half the alliance was, as well as Roboty, who had gotten recovered after the rain a few weeks ago and instantly reclaimed his spot on top of the LOL. Yellow Face, Balloony, and Robot Flower were just standing around, while Pen was repeatedly bouncing a ball against the wall and catching it.

"Wazzup, Ballpoint Brain?" Coiny asked Pen. Tree mentally filed away that nickname for later use.

"Don't call me that. But in response to your question, well, not much," Pen replied, sounding bored. He bounced his ball again, catching it flawlessly. "Just hoping that Eraser, Blocky, or Snowball comes back."

"Same here."

"I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with Clock's annoying boredom anymore," Robot Flower complained.

Pin looked at the sun, then glanced at the three X's they had marked the ground with a while back - the spots where the three freed objects appeared. Then she noticed that something about the wall teleporter was off. Nudging Coiny, she asked, "Hey, does the wall teleporter look different to you?"