IDFB 10: Dungeons & Daggers, part 1 🗡️

(A/N: rather than have "IDFB 10a" and "IDFB 10b" for this 'episode,' I chose to use "part 1," "part 2," and "part 3" because all 3 chapters will be focusing entirely on the D&D event, even if it's split apart. idk how else to explain it lol)

April 25th

Something poked Gaty, disturbing her blissful slumber. She decided to ignore it. However, the poking got more and more insistent until she (reluctantly) woke up. "What?" she murmured.

"Wake up," 8-Ball said in his monotone voice.

Gaty sighed and sat up sleepily, then wondered why she did so. Nothing exciting ever happened in the Locker Of Losers. "Let me guess. "It's 8 o'clock?"

"Yes, but that's not the point. There's something new."

Gaty was instantly alert. "What? Something new??" she asked. 8-Ball nodded and rolled away so that she could see. There was a game board of some sort, with little figurines dotted all over it. Blocky was sitting next to the board, shuffling through a booklet of some sort.

She walked over. "What's going on?" she asked Blocky. "What's this game thing, and where'd it come from?"

Blocky looked up from his booklet. "This is a Dungeons & Daggers set!" He sounded really excited. "It's a really cool fantasy role-playing game, where you create characters and go on quests to defeat monsters and stuff! Pen, Eraser, and I used to play this all the time in between episodes of BFDI."

"But how did it get inside the Locker Of Losers? I thought the whole thing was sealed up tight."

"We don't really know," Eraser piped up from next to Blocky. "It just teleported in here. I really hope the others didn't waste the wall teleporter's charge for this, even if it's D&D!"

"None of the free objects have been in this area for several hours," TV informed from across the floor.

"Strange..." Gaty sat down. "How does it work?"

Eggy came over and plopped herself down next to her. "That thing that Blocky is reading is the rulebook," Eggy said. "More or less. You're sort of allowed to make rules as you go along. See, every game needs a dungeon master, or a 'DM,' to tell the story, or 'campaign,' as you play it..."

Eggy continued to explain the basics to Gaty as Blocky finished reviewing the rulebook and switched to the pre-made story that had apparently come with the board. While she talked, a few others - Bell, Bottle, and Cake - came over and started to create their characters. Once Eggy finished, Blocky and Eraser took over, telling Gaty how to create her character and advising her on different abilities she might want to choose.

It took a while, but eventually, all six objects (Blocky was technically the 7th as the DM) were more or less ready to play. The minifigures that the board came with were each a different object that was trapped in the LOL. Bottle had written down Bell's abilities and would move Bell's piece for her since the musical instrument didn't have any arms.

"You guys ready?" Blocky asked.

"Yeah!" they cheered.

"Hold on," 8-Ball said. "I want to play too."

"Grassy does as well!" Grassy chimed in.

Blocky looked at the story again. "Sorry guys, but this campaign only allows six players. Maybe next time!"

"Aw, seriously?" David complained. A collective sigh went up from some of the other objects in there.

"Anyway, here we go!" Blocky grinned and began to read from the first part of the story. "OUR ADVENTURE BEGINS! You six are a group of 'mercenary adventurers,' and you've been hired to go on a quest..."