IDFB 13b: Infiltrating tḥ̷̳̭͑e Spa̴͈̞̽c̵̮̟̆̓̔é̸̡̢͕͑s̸̱̃̔̕h̸͇̞̾̾̍i̴͖͊p̷̠̂̋̚ 🛸

The ambience of beeping and whirring from various electronics filled the air as Emwhyaitch sat in one of two chairs. He stared at the combination window/screen that allowed him to see out the front of their ship while he scoured Yoyle City for a certain lemon leaf.

He heard the hiss of a pneumatic door open behind him, and Em turned to see Seekayaitch walking unsteadily into the room. His left hand and upper arm were wrapped up in a cast. How are you feeling? Em projected over to his brother.

Itchy. But better, I suppose. Seekayaitch absently scratched his cast, then winced. I'm still having a hard time believing that Fries was strong enough to break my hand by hitting it so casually. At least I'm a righty.

Perhaps the increased muscle mass is a side effect of his grotato-based chips, Em mused. It's a good thing we've replaced them with regular ones now.

C managed to wobble over to the second chair and collapsed in it. I feel like I could sleep for a week.

You SHOULD get some rest. Fries could have killed you if he wasn't careful!

All the more reason to find that leaf so we don't have any more problems with our experimentation. C shifted in his seat, then got up. Want anything from the kitchen?

I've already had dinner, and you know that you can't carry much with only one functional arm.

C shrugged with his right arm and began to stroll towards the kitchen door. At the same moment, Em spotted something on the screen. Seekayaitch! Come look!

The second human turned on his heels and hurried back. What is it? Have you found her?

The duo looked at the screen together, but whatever the object in the air was, it was too far away to see properly. Em zoomed the camera in and the image focused. How peculiar. 8-Ball, one of the objects they thought to be trapped in the Locker Of Losers, was speeding towards them. How is he airborne?

C took a nervous step away from the control panel. Emwhyaitch, I think you should-

But before the thought was completed, 8-Ball smashed through the window and tumbled into the room, spraying glass shards everywhere and narrowly missing both humans. Em caught a glimpse of Lightning holding onto 8-Ball before letting him go. Bracelety and Bubble, who were also holding onto Lightning, jumped off and rolled across the floor. Lightning himself slammed into the far wall, making a large dent in the metal and knocking himself unconscious.

Red alert! Em shouted in C's mind. Em dashed off to the kitchen where a box of freeze juice-filled syringes was kept in the freezer. C shook off his surprise and barely managed to duck in time to avoid Bracelety leaping towards him. She sailed over his head and skidded along the floor behind him.

He turned to head to the kitchen as well, but an intense burning sensation in his foot suddenly caused him to stumble. C looked down to see that 8-Ball had rolled straight over his right foot. "Ha ha," 8-Ball mocked as he rolled away before C could punch him with his good hand.

Em came running out of the kitchen, holding a small, wooden crate. I got the- But he tripped over Bubble's outstretched leg and face-planted onto the floor. The box slid all the way over to C's feet. He quickly opened the box the best he could with one hand and grabbed a syringe, scanning the room to figure out which object would be the best target.

The decision was made easy for him when Dora crashed through the floor out of nowhere.

--------------------