Epilogue

BFB 16, the EXIT, minutes before Spongy's elimination

...is that it? Loser wondered silently. He flipped through the last few pages of the diary's secret side, which were mostly blank, except for the last one. More scribbles of Donut's handwriting, but a bit rushed this time, filled the page. Once more, Loser began to read it aloud.

"November 2nd, 2017. It's been a month since we managed to escape Yoyle City, and mostly everything's returned to normal. As I mentioned in my last note, Golf Ball managed to make recovery centers for everyone. Various other objects have come and gone, but the only ones that are still here right now are Foldy, Liy, Stapy, and of course, Loser. Nothing else has really changed since then, except that now everyone's in a better mood.

I sure hope nobody's reading this, but just in case... do you remember how at the beginning, there was some text that said how this book was entrusted to me? Everything I said there was true, but after reading this text in its entirety, I feel even guiltier about stealing this book now, and I figured maybe writing about it would help some.

Earlier this morning, I was chatting with Golf Ball and Tennis Ball, when suddenly... SOMETHING happened. She was talking about the humans when her face changed. Rather than the normal black eyes and mouth that most of us objects have, some of her dimples turned dark grey into a weird, twisted face. She growled at me before Tennis Ball grabbed her and dragged her away. I'm not sure how, but he managed to get her to return to normal.

After that, she seemed to be freaking out, and I overheard that she wanted to destroy any evidence of Yoyle City and "IDFB" - which is what everyone started calling it - to "make sure that this didn't happen again." She also said that she would go around and tell everyone to not talk about anything related to it.

But I was a bit worried for the same reason. If the humans ever returned, or if Evil Leafy somehow came back to life, I wanted to make sure we knew what to do.

So I stole the book.

I colored it blue, put some stickers on the front, and now it looks like new. Tomorrow, I'm going to add new pages to hide the IDFB-related events inside and use it as my diary. But after Golf Ball's weird freak-out, I thought she was hiding something from us and read the book. I put that note at the front just in case someone DID discover this and read it.

Now that I know the full story, I just feel guilty. I'm still not giving the book back, though. I want to be prepared.

Phew. I suppose that DID make me feel a little better. Maybe having a diary will be a good thing. Tomorrow's a new day, and with it, new possibilities!"

And that truly was the last entry in Donut's 'diary.' Loser quickly scanned everything to make sure he hadn't missed any more notes, or maybe another cryptic message, but he had read every last drop of information in there.

"Wow," was all he had to say. The cuboid sat in silence for a full five minutes, thinking about everything he had learned, before finally deciding to open the jawbreaker.

Crash! The two halves of the jawbreaker flew apart from each other, narrowly missing the four objects trying to break through. Loser glanced around the room and, seeing everyone, put on a smile and raised his hand in greeting. "Hi, everyone!"

Nobody greeted him back. They all looked almost sad. His smile flickered. "Uh, I said-"

"Welcome back, Loser," 8-Ball said in his monotone voice.

Liy looked at her desk in thought. "Huh," she mumbled. "So that's what everyone seemed so secretive about in my first week in Goiky."

"What? You could hear me through the jawbreaker?" Loser asked, surprised.