IDFB 14a: Trust Issues ✏️

October 3rd, just past midnight

Emwhyaitch groaned and put his hand to his head. Why did he have such a massive headache? He should really stop working so hard every night and get to sleep earlier.

Then he noticed that he hurt all over, not just inside, and opened his eyes to find the wrecked bridge of his ship. Memories came flooding back all at once and he groaned again. I really hate leaves.

Seekayaitch! The thought of his brother jolted him awake, and he scrambled to his feet. He glanced downward and found Seekayaitch lying unconscious on the ground. Em lowered himself to his knees and checked C's chest. There's a pulse. Relief flooded through him, and he sat back down hard. Another glance told him that C hadn't sustained any new injuries from the crash, other than various cuts and bruises. He still had his left arm in a cast, though. With the immediate worry of his brother's life ebbing away, Em took a proper look around the control room.

8-Ball's body had utterly shattered from the impact, with black glass shards mixing with the regular glass on the floor. Half of Lightning's metal body was lodged in a wall (the other half was nowhere to be seen). The wall with the "no unauthorized personnel" door had a large crack in it, and something was leaking out of the entrance to the kitchen. Various metal pipes had fallen out of the ceiling and were littered on the floor. Em noted with yet more relief that a particularly large one had managed to impale Bubble's Yoylemetal body and killed her. Dora was still frozen in place, and Bracelety was dead on the floor behind Seekayaitch.

Scratch that last thing, Em thought as Bracelety murmured something in her sleep.

But a reminder of the objects which caused this whole mess filled him with a rage he had never felt before. Getting up, he stormed over to the smashed control panel and opened up a compartment underneath it. He pulled out something that was, fortunately for him, undamaged. A long-range communicator, capable of sending signals through trillions of miles of space.

Em turned it on and fiddled around with the controls until he located a nearby signal. "Hello," he spoke out loud into the microphone. "This is Emwhyaitch, requesting assistance immediately."

No response. For a scary moment, Em thought that the communicator was damaged after all. But then there was a loud beep, a small amount of static, and a voice coming through. "Jaybeedubleyoo to Aitchtwins. It's good to hear from you again, Emwhyaitch. What's your status?"

"Our ship has crashed on Earth due to hostiles in Yoyle City."

"Earth? Alright. What would you like us to do?"

Em didn't hesitate. "Send a neurotoxin bomb to end all life in the city."

There was a static-filled pause. "Are you-"

"YES!"

"If you insist. I assume you also need a ride?"

Em was about to answer when the communicator was smashed out of his hands by a steel pipe.

(cue IDFB intro lol)

--------------------

Carefully, Leafy pushed against the cabinet door to open it, causing it to abruptly fall of its hinges. She slowly stepped out into the ruins of what was her temporary prison a mere few hours ago. That was only a couple hours ago? she thought wearily. Feels like much longer.

One of the corners of the room was completely gone, perhaps sheared off by a building. The wall directly next to the hole was crumpled up like a sheet of paper. A steel beam was sticking out of the floor and into the ceiling - or the other way around, Leafy couldn't tell - and the entire room itself was slightly tilted to the right. She glanced into the hole in the wall, seeing that the ground was about ten feet down.