IDFB 4b: Searching For Clues 🔎

Naily blinked. When she closed her eyes, she was still trapped in the dark Locker Of Losers, but when she opened them, sunlight nearly blinded her. "Oww!" she complained. "What the hammer, Lightning? Turn your brightness down! Nobody likes your 'light mode!'"

"That's not me, Naily. That's the sun! We're free!"

"Really??" Naily opened her eyes again, more careful this time, and saw that they were indeed outside, in an unfamiliar environment. She leapt to her feet in joy. "Yes! We nailed it!"

"Ohmygosh! NAILY!" The nail turned just in time to be smothered in a hug from Bomby.

"Bomby! It's so good to see you!" she cried happily. The two had become close friends when originally trapped in the LOL before Bomby joined BFDIA. She had seriously missed him. Apparently, the feeling was mutual.

"Welcome back, guys." Bomby dropped Naily and she peered around him to see who had spoken. Pie was standing there, along with Coiny, Pen, and all of FreeSmart (minus Bubble). Pie stepped forward and spoke again. "If you want, Bomby and I can show you guys around the city." Naily only noticed the cluster of buildings after Pie mentioned them.

"No thanks!" Lightning replied. "That box made me feel claustrophobic. I need to get as far away from anything solid as I can!" And with that, he shot into the sky.

"Well, there goes my idea," Pencil muttered to herself.

--------------------

Lightning felt amazing, majestically soaring through the air with his arms outstretched in front of him. Bursting through clouds and feeling the water droplets sizzle on his "skin" as they conducted electricity... it was amazing. MUCH better than that stupid box.

He didn't stop rising until he was several hundred feet above the ground. He stretched and flexed his new arms, which felt strange. Turns out Puffball still had Pin's old limbs, so she had given the arms to him.

Lightning floated gently and looked down, taking in the entirety of Yoyleland and Yoyle City, before speeding away once again. He had always wanted to visit South Goiky, the original contesting grounds of BFDI, but never had the chance. Now he could.

--------------------

Ding! The HPRC whirred as it spat out Bubble, who popped up from a flat image to her usual round shape.

"Right, Bubble," Pencil scolded. "Don't wake me up so early like that again or I won't recover you for a whole day, instead of just half a day!"

"But I saw Leafy!" Bubble protested angrily. "She freed Firey from his cage!"

Match gasped. "How dare she! Also, what did Firey, like, do?"

"Does it really matter?" Coiny emerged from behind Ice Cube and typed Woody's name into the HPRC.

Pencil put her hands on her 'hips.' "IT DOES matter, no-thank-you-very-much."

"Whatever." Coiny cranked the recovery center's handle until Woody popped out, then put a hand on his back and led him away.

Book began to explain. "Near the beginning of this year, Firey accidentally burned down the Eiffel tower, including the Clubhouse of Awesomeness. Then he almost did the same to the FreeSmart SuperVan, so Pencil locked him in that cage that hung from the top of the Yoyle Needy." She paused. "I did see that cage in the middle of Fries' garden when we left for the LOL today, but I didn't really think about it."

"You SAW the cage and didn't think to TELL me about it?" Pencil yelled at Book.

"Hey, calm down! I thought you had seen it. I'm surprised you didn't!"