IDFB 12b: Keep your friends close 🙂

Pillow opened her eyes to see Saw standing over her. She was holding a pink and white cup with a lid and a straw. "Pillow?" Saw asked, concern in her voice. "You ok?"

"I'm alright, just tired." Pillow rubbed her eyes and sat up, noting that the sun was near the horizon. "Er, what time is it?"

"Around 6:30 pm, I think."

Man, I slept for a long time, Pillow thought.

"Where have you been, Pillow?" Saw still sounded a little worried. "You've been gone for several months! We thought you were missing like Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, Nickel, and others!"

"I went exploring!" Pillow lied. "Around, er, South Goiky. You know how hard that canal is to cross, heh."

Saw shrugged.

"But what about you?" Pillow changed the topic, only now noticing that Saw had a new handle. It looked very similar to her previous one, only slightly more angular. "I thought your handle burned off in that inverted planet. And where are all your peblet friends?"

"Oh!" Saw absently felt her new handle. "I just got this repaired at a cool place in the city, called Handle Repairs, Scent Cleanses, and Drinks. I don't know what a 'scent cleanse' is, but I found a bunch of replacement saw handles in there, as well as a soda machine!" Saw held out her cup. "Want some OK Cola?"

"No thanks, I prefer Bubbly Pop."

"Suit yourself." Saw slurped some soda. "As for the peblets, they wanted to explore the world, so they left in one big group about two months ago." She sniffed. "I still miss them some..."

"Oh."

But Saw was already back to her cheery self. "Wanna head back to the more populous part of the city with me?"

Standing up from her bed of grass, Pillow accepted the offer and began to walk next to Saw. "So, I assume that everyone's been freed from the Locker Of Losers now?" she asked the carpentry tool.

Saw finished off her drink and tossed the cup into a trash can nearby. "Actually, no. On June 6th, I think it was, Tennis Ball's wall teleporter teleported Gaty out of the LOL, but then it started to smoke. TB and GB were really the only scientists around here, but they're missing, so nobody really knows how to fix it. Basketball tried, but she almost made it explode. Even Roboty and Robot Flower aren't sure how to get it repaired."

"Ah." They walked in silence for a minute as Pillow contemplated something. "Sorry to leave again so abruptly, but I think I know two someones who can help with that."

"Really?" Saw said excitedly as Pillow rushed off.

"Yup! I'll be back soon!"

Saw watched as Pillow eventually disappeared over the horizon.

--------------------

"A little bit to the left... there! Keep it there!" Golf Ball demanded. Rocky did his best to hold the tube in place as Golf Ball used an electric handheld drill to attach it to the helmet.

Tennis Ball emerged from one of the factory's back rooms, balancing two very large batteries on his head. "I think they're done!" he said proudly.

"I'm almost finished here, too," Golf Ball said.

TB reached the table where Remote had been lying on since they died and deposited the batteries next to her. "Poor Remote," he murmured. "Sorry for leaving you here for so long..." Delicately, he popped open her back panel, removed the old batteries, and inserted the new ones. Sliding her panel back on, Remote's limbs suddenly spasmed, causing Tennis Ball to jump back. "She's awake!" he called out. Golf Ball grunted back.