Sixteen-"Sleep Here"

Depuis le début

After a few sudden pressing of the brakes that caused us to jerk forward leading to me pressing the horn and Lucas hissing in pain, a few wrong lanes, and me cussing out someone although I know I was in the wrong, we finally made it.

I ushered Lucas out of the car into the emergency room and then watched as the nurses rushed him over to a bed.

They closed the curtains on him and I stood there nervously biting my lip.

I felt my phone buzzing and looked down to see Justus calling me. I didn't answer. He later texted me.

JusPus: Where did you go?

JusPus: Bring my car back, Rainy!

JusPus: I need to do something!

JusPus: I swear if you crashed my car, I am going to bring you from the dead and beat you myself!

JusPus: Can you bring the car back, please?

JusPus: Be safe

I shook my head at my bipolar brother, just as the nurse came back out from the curtain.

"Another 20 minutes and you can see him" she smiled and I closed my mouth from asking her the question.

"Thanks"

Me: I'm fine.

I text my brother back, then fiddle around with my social media for a while. When I noticed that they weren't keeping me occupied, I got up and walked over to the curtain, debating if time was up.

Frig it.

I peeled it open, coming face to face with a doctor who smiled at me. "Hi" I breathed.

"Friend?" he asked gesturing to Lucas who was lying on the bed, looking over at me with sleepy eyes.

Now, that isn't sexy at all.

"Yes, can I see him?" I asked.

The doctor chuckled, "Yeah, you can take him home too" I raised a brow. Was it that easy?

I walked over to Lucas who watched me intently as I made my journey to him. "Are you okay?"

He nodded lazily, "Yeah, I'm a soldier" he grinned.

"He's on some medicine to help with the pain. He should be fine in a couple of hours. He got 15 stitches in his shoulder" the doctor told me. I nodded looking at Lucas who was just smiling at me. I laughed because he looked so peaceful.

"Ok." I helped him up avoiding the arm where his bandages were and started to wander to the car.

"Dr. Harris that's my friend. He helps me a lot" he mumbled as we walked in the parking lot. I was having deja vu of this happening with me escorting him to the nurse's office.

"Really? How many times does this happen?" I asked, trying to pry sneakily.

He laughed, "A few times. It's a part of the training. Kill or be killed" he shrugged, but hissed when his shoulder rise.

"Training?" I questioned, stopping by the car to look at Lucas.

Lucas instead pointed out a bird, "Beautiful that crosses the sky. Too many times in the sun, cooly in the night time skies" he quoted something I have never heard before.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked, opening the door for him to get inside. He looked up at me and then laughed again.

This laugh was different from his empty laughs he normally does. This one was contagious and it made you smile or want to laugh with him too. It sounded melodious and smooth.