Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"

"Oh my gosh! Can you not?" I screamed, horrified as my mother started to rant on the topic of sex

"You're going to college and you'll be there all on your own. A lot of things are going to happen and you may feel pressured or so" she continued stuffing my bags into the car.

I had packed a lot, practically crying as I do so.

"Yes, mom. However, I am not alone. Madi is with me as well as Lucas would be an hour away" I reiterated the same line since she's not getting it.

I was accepted in CalU along with Madi, while Lucas had gotten into UCLA.

As a couple, the distance was threatening the foundation of our relationship, but I guess after countless conversations, reassurance, and our 6 months of dating we decided to go ahead with it.

We decided not to break up, but to try our best to make it work. Trust me, we have sat down with all of the cons of this situation, but our love and inability to be away from each other had won.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

"Levi is going to be there as well." my mother hinted and I nodded.

"All the more reasons for you not to worry"

Levi didn't apply to any colleges, but he would be in California to further his humanitarian work. He opted to go to stay in touch with Lucas and I, because, you know, Lucas was his brother now and Leslie practically wanted them together. At all times.

She was a very loving person, I must admit. She's almost worst than my mother when it comes to be a doting parent.

At our graduations, she and my mother almost flooded the whole auditorium with their tears. It was embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing.

I looked over to see my mother frozen in her spot by the boot of the car with tears running down her eyes.

I frowned, pushing my makeup bag in the back seat and walking over to her.

"There, there" I patted her back. She spun around, sitting on the foot of the car as she cry.

"I can't believe I am losing both of you at the same time." she cried.

Jus had gotten accepted into USC. He had gotten his football scholarship and the day when he received it would forever be remembered.

When he got the letter, he mashed mom car with his trying to get in the driveway. She was angry with him and happy. The emotions on her face were pleasing to watch.

"We're not too far and we'll be home for every break, mom" I console her. She hiccupped and I looked up from her to see if Jus was around. He was still in the house packing at the last minute.

I sat beside my mother, wrapping my arms around her body. "I love you, mom. You have done everything in your best to make a future for us and now it's time we do it. Let us go and do that" I cooed.