18 | Lime

But Blue's gun wasn't pointed at her it was pointed at Orange.

No.

It was pointed at the imposter.

Lime spun into action; aiming her gun at Orange.

The sight was horrid. Long black tentacles snapped and slithered from under his face.

SO WHY COULDN'T LIME PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Was it because she never imagined Orange as a killer. Was it because Blue probably already had it covered.

Or maybe it was because Orange was screaming for help like the entity had somehow taken over his body.

Yet more questions streamed through her brain.

Whatever this entity was, had a reason for doing this.

And doing it over and over again. Several surreptitious missions had already failed.

What was the point of their mission again?

It clicked.

"Blue grab the despoticium!" Lime yelled.

"What? Why? What about you?" Blue lowered her gun as a tentacle shot out to take advantage of her disarmed state. Lime aimed and shot the tentacle. It coiled back under Orange's face.

Blue ran to get the despoticium.

Whatever despoticium was, could be used against the entity. This was why the entity didn't want it to get to Polus. 

The black tentacles shot out and Lime rushed to dodge them and hide behind a table. One slithered around the table and Lime shot it. She had 2 more rounds. Blue had better get her ass back here. The tentacles shot out and Lime flung the table at them as Blue ran back with a small vial.

"What do I do with it?!"

"I don't know! Throw it at the entity!"

"What?!"

"Do you have a better idea?!" Lime yelled.

Blue threw the glass vial.

Her aim was off but the entity caught it with a tentacle and crushed it.

They were doomed. Lime decided they'd better get on their knees and pray for help.

That is until the tentacle started sizzling. Alarmed, it withdrew back under Orange's face as did the others.

Then Orange passed out. Cold.

The space cat strutted in.

How was the space cat here?

That thing was still alive?

Oranged mouth opened and a dark arrow hit the space cat as it was strutting towards Lime.

It seemed to have no effect on the space cat.

Blue, ignoring the cat, pulled Orange's limp body around her shoulders, "I don't think he's dead," Let's do a body scan to see if he's okay though,"

Lime held Orange's Left shoulder as they dragged him to medbay.

Blue set him on the scanner and his vitals appeared in no time.

He was perfectly healthy.

"The entity isn't in him anymore," A deep smooth voice said, "It's in me,"

Lime and Blue spun. All that was there was the cat.

Thanks for reading and all the support! Ily guys all so so so much :)))

QOTD: What does the entity want?

Don't forget to vote and comment!