16 | Lime

(A/N: I'm baaackkkk!!)

Two of them? In one day? That was new. Lime thought Cyan had told her that they were safe as long as they were in groups, apparently, that was wrong.

That's what Lime thought of as they gathered in the office.

"So who can be accounted for?" Blue asked them.

"Well I can vouch for you, we were in communications talking to HQ," Orange told her.

Blue narrowed her eyes, "Yes, then you left to see if Black and White needed help in the specimen room,"

"Yeah, then I found..." Orange hesitated, "them,"

Most of then except Orange seemed to be numb to the death now. They'd already seen too much of it for many lifetimes. It was a wonder, really, how a person could go from living, breathing, laughing, in one second, to cold and lifeless the next.

"Cyan was with me in storage until he left to get a wire, so he's clear," Lime told Blue.

Blue turned her attention to Lime, "He left?"

"Yeah, to go get a wire, as she said," Cyan held a black cord as proof, "It was in electrical, which is on the other side of the base. Nowhere near specimen,"

Two suspects. One of them would go.

And in two seconds, Lime made her choice which one would go.

"Cyan was gone for a while,"

If Cyan had turned his head any faster Lime was sure it would've fallen off.

"And while he was gone, Black came to storage to get test tubes for White. It might've been easier to," Lime paused. She was well aware of the way Cyan was glaring at her, "pick them off one by one?"

"WHAT?!" Cyan glared at her, "It was NOT me, we haven't thrown out the fact that it could be Orange have we?"

"Orange wasn't gone for that long before he reported the bodies, it was about the time I'd estimate it'd take to get to Specimen from Communications," Blue told them, "I'm sorry Cyan," She paused, "Unless you're the imposter. Then I'm not sorry," She clicked a few buttons on her tablet and submitted her vote.

Lime knew they were all forgetting that the imposter could travel through vents on The Skeld, and there were tunnels around Polus, so the imposter might've been able to travel through those. She would have to keep an eye on Orange.

Of course, she knew Cyan wasn't the imposter.

She turned on her tablet and voted for him. Orange did the same.

His fate was sealed. Cyan paled.

"H-how. No, please,"

"I'll take him up to The Skeld so he can get a pod," Lime stood and grabbed Cyan.

"But if he's the imposter-" Lime silenced Blue with a glare. Orange cowered from the glare behind Blue.

* * *

It was quiet as Lime flew the dropship up to The Skeld. His eyes were on her; she could feel them. But he wasn't angry. Instead, he wore a pained expression.

He was hurt.

Lime flawlessly docked the dropship and entered The Skeld. The slight smell of rotting bodies filled the air.

They arrived at the pod.

"Lime, why-"

"Rory." Lime looked at him, "My name is Rory,"

He looked surprised, "Li- Rory, do you trust me?"

"Yes,"

"The why-"

Rory sighed, "You'll be safer on Earth,"

It hit him like a brick (A/N: Jason Grace anyone?? Sorry, ruining the mood) "So that's why-"

"Yeah, it's better than being killed on an alien planet,"

"Are you done with the interruptions? How many times have you interrupted me in this one conversation?" Luke laughed, "Come with me. We can both be safe down on Earth,"

"No, I can't. If I go there are two people left. One of them is an imposter. If I go none of us will be able to tell the new researchers," Rory sighed.

"Wait but couldn't the imposter just kill the other person right now? While you're here?" Luke asked her.

"Oh shit!" Rory was about to run but Luke caught her arm.

"Let me come with you,"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

Luke looked at the pod. Then at Rory. "Promise me- you'll come back to Earth alive,"

"I promise,"

Luke pulled her in for a hug. Until she remembered-

"Shit I gotta go!" Lime ran back to the dropship.

When she got back to Polus one of her friends would most likely be dead. 

But she would have to kill the imposter first because she had every intention of keeping her promise.

Heeyyyy, I'm proud of that one :)

We have about 4 (more or less) short chapters left!!!

QOTD: Who's gonna be dead when Lime gets down???

I'm currently listening to Satisfied from Hamilton which kinda fits the mood rn

Anyways, thanks for reading!! Vote and comment!