12 | Orange

In the morning, Polus awaited.

It was beautiful really. The crescent shape, and purple color against Polus' red sun. The Poles covered in snow. The red hot lava churning in the inside of the giant crater.

It felt like home.

He didn't know why, he'd never been there before, but it felt right.

He watched as the others stared in awe the same way he did. Limes voice came on the intercom, "Alrighty, folks straight ahead of you, you will see we are heading to Polus, though I'm sure you know that already,"

"All of you better get your asses to the dropship unless you want those asses to be disintegrated into ashes," Cyan cut her off.

Orange hurried to get his ass to the Navigation Center.

* * *

The Skeld was too big to actually land on Polus's surface so the six of them took the dropship down to the Polus Base.

Something was wrong. Orange could feel it. It was quiet. The others seemed to not notice though.

The dropship landed and the doors slowly opened.

The first thing he noticed was how cold it was. Polus did have a red sun so that was to be expected.

The second thing Orange noticed was the dead body in front of him.

Lying on the ground was a man dressed in a regular space suit.

"What happened," Lime stepped out of the dropship into Polus's surface and kneeled down. Cyan followed her and inspected the body. "Is he dead?" Lime asked him

Cyan lifted the man's his arm and rolled him over. The glass on his helmet was broken.

"He's dead," Cyan stood up, "Let's see if we can find anyone else to explain what happened,"

They walked around the halls finding dead bodies littered around the floor.

He should've been immune to it. To all the death scattered at his feet. He'd seen all his crewmates' bodies. But he was still sad. He wasn't scared. He was done being scared of death.

They had searched the whole base by now and had found no one.

They all sat at the office now, they had brought the button from the cafeteria and Orange hooked it up to all the systems.

"W-we were supposed to get here, then everything was supposed to be okay, then-then they would find the imposter and everythingwassupposedtobefine," Lime was huddled on her chair.

They couldn't wait until the imposter killed them all. Or until whoever (or whatever) killed the other people found them.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know it's short but I'm working on the next one right now and I wanted to get this done

Thanks to karmas_next_target and periwinkleblue I love reading you comments, they're hilarious.

uummm... I was gonna say something else but I forgot. If I remember I'll just edit lol.

QOTD: Who (or what) do you think killed the Polus researchers???

Thanks for reading, and vote please!