Chapter Forty Two

Fan Art credit: @RiNa

What is Sum listening to today? "Arcade" slowed by Duncan Laurence.

If you want to have the added "musical" experience, wait until I tell you to start the song :)

I love you all and hope you are having a good day as always!

---

Lunch had been as dull as ever. 

Apart from Hanji trying to give me more kisses, nothing had really happened. Rashad had continuously asked me why I had made him throw the bread roll, but I had just laughed and refused to answer him. 

Moblit had spent lunch trying to calm Hanji down and to keep her hands off of me. I found it amusing, but clearly it made the people around us uncomfortable. I was not one for public displays of affection, but with Ji, I didn't mind. 

Reiner had left not long after Levi, with Bertholdt hot on his tail. He was disturbed by who I had chosen to kiss, but I could tell that I had at least satisfied his request. All that was left was our public fight where I have to let him win. 

I was navigating through the hallways now, taking the long way to Levi's office to make sure that no one was following me. If word got out to Reiner that Levi and I were still together, who knows what would happen. Not to mention my plan would be foiled. 

His office doors creaked as I opened them, signaling my arrival. I closed them quickly behind me, even though I knew no one was in the area. 

I sighed and brought a hand up to rub my forehead while I scanned the room for him. 

Levi was leaning against the doorframe of his bedroom, to the far left of his office. His eyes instantly found mine.

He let out a low laugh as he said, "Well, that worked."

I smiled and walked over to him. He straightened and open his arms for me. I walked into them and let him embrace me.

"It's a good thing Hanji didn't seem to mind." I whispered. 

"Tch, why would she?" Levi replied. 

I sighed and said, "She probably just imagined me as a titan."

Levi laughed quietly and rubbed my back with his hand. I laughed with him, relieved that we had both made it through this with smiles on our faces.

"Did you see Reiner's reaction?" I asked. 

"It looked like he couldn't get a shit out." He answered blankly. 

I couldn't even contain my laughter as my shoulders shook in Levi's arms. I brought one of my hands up to muffle my laugh, but it didn't help. I had heard the rumor about Levi's famous shit jokes, but I had never gotten to hear one for myself until now. 

Start song now :) (read slow + with the music, iykyk)

Levi turned his head up slightly to look at me. Once he saw my huge smile, a small one spread across his face as well, matching mine. It always made him happy to see that he could make me laugh, especially during a time like this. 

As soon as I got my laughter under control, I pulled away from him to gain full view of his face. His hands were still on my waist and he was softly smiling, I felt like it was contagious. Levi didn't smile often, but it was my goal to change that. 

I want to be the source of his happiness, always and forever. 

"Thank you for agreeing to my plan today." I whispered to him, "I know it must have been hard for you."