Chapter Ten

Double digits woot woot!!!!

Also, thank you for all of your support on both here and tiktok. I enjoy reading your comments <3

Much love xoxo

---

Levi dismissed us, saying that training was over for the day. 

 Both Connie and Jean lifted Petra and carried her to the med bay. Mikasa and Eren escorted them, mostly likely heading there anyways for Eren's check up with the nurse. 

I sat in the field, looking out at the sky. I started to rub my bandaged hands, attempting to massage the pain away. The white cloth that Levi had carefully wrapped around my knuckles the night before, were now stained with blood. 

Jean had looked at me in disgust, and almost betrayal, after he had seen Petra's blood smeared on my hands. He had never seen me fight before today, nor did he know of the skills I possessed. 

He had willingly volunteered to help carry Petra to medical, mostly likely in order to avoid a conversation with me. 

I sighed and continued to looked down at my hands. 

I understand why I had frightened him, but I won't change for anyone. He will have to accept me, violence and all. 

I heard a man grunt, and then approach me, stopping to stand on my left. 

"Are you here to reprimand me for beating the shit out of one of your squad members?" I asked. 

"No." Levi responded. 

I spun a piece of grass in between my fingers out of boredom. 

"You did...good." Levi said hesitantly. 

I twisted my body to look up at him. He was shifting his weight between his feet and scratching the back of his neck. His eyes didn't meet mine. 

"Is that a compliment Captain Levi?" I asked sarcastically.

He simply just rolled his eyes in response. 

"Sit down." I offered, seeing that he was clearly uncomfortable. 

"Tch, no. The ground is disgusting." He said, glaring at the dirt.

"Fine." I reached around my neck to detach my green cape, which I had put on after my fight with Petra. I folded it up, and placed it on the ground next to me. "Now sit."

He glared at my jacket, then back to me. He slowly bent down to sit next to me, using my cape to separate himself from the ground. 

I laughed at his revolted face. He snapped his head to me in response. I tried to hide my smile from him, but I failed. 

He scoffed at me then look over the field as I had before. 

"What did you say to her?" He asked. 

I turned to look at him, and he did the same to me. We held eye contact until I felt my eyes fall away to the grass. 

"Nothing. She only wanted to talk about you." I let out a forced laugh. 

"Tch. Pathetic." Levi replied. 

I brought my eyes to his again and asked, "Not interested?"

"Of course not." He responded, my question had clearly irritated him.

"Haha, let me guess. Is it because she can't land a punch?" I joked. 

Once again, his mouth twitched slightly, forming a small smile.