Chapter Twelve

This time when Levi led me into his office, he didn't sit me in his desk chair. Instead, he led me through the door on the opposite wall. 

I let out a small gasp as I took in the new room. 

A small kitchen area resided in the left side of the room, accompanied by another door which was ajar. I peered in to see a glass shower door and concluded that it was his bathroom. On the right side of the room, closest to the door, was a blue cloth couch and a small coffee table. They were both positioned in front of a cobblestone fireplace. 

And finally, behind the couch, was a large bed with a dark brown headboard that matched the coffee table. Four pillows lay neatly stacked at the head of the bed, and the white sheets were unwrinkled and tucked in along with the grey blanket that laid on top. 

Of course, his room was squeaky clean. Not an object out of place. 

Levi continued to walk me to his couch, and then gently helped me sit down. I sunk back into the soft cushions.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He only nodded in response, then proceed to tend to the fireplace in front of me. It only took him a few minutes before the wood began to burn and the flame rose high. 

"You can stay here for a bit until Horseface leaves your room." Levi offered. 

I laughed, continuing to smile widely as I replied "Thank you."

Once again Levi nodded, then walked towards the kitchen. 

Objects rattled around, clanking against each other, before I heard a kettle boiling and assumed that he was making his famous black tea. 

"You know, you didn't have to say that to Jean, back in my room." I said, speaking loudly enough so that he could hear me over the tea kettle. 

He scoffed and responded, "He needed to hear it. He should feel like an idiot for his actions today."

I turned on the couch to face him in the kitchen. He was leaning against the bench with his arms crossed, already looking at me. The kettle continued to boil on the stove beside him. 

"I don't want him to feel guilty." I said to him.

"Really? So you aren't mad at him?" Levi laughed humorlessly, "Then why didn't you want to talk to him tonight?"

I bit my lip while thinking. 

I was mad at Jean, but that was different. I would get over my anger, but if I blamed him for almost losing my life, he would never be able to overcome that. 

"I just-" I hesitated. "I just couldn't."

Levi's smile was gone as he nodded and said, "I know."

He turned to face the kettle and take it off of the stove. He reached up to one of the cabinets and took out two mugs and tea bags. 

His back faced me as he worked. Through his white shirt, I could see his back muscles contracting and flexing with each arm movement.

"Luckily I was able to take down the other titans. So if you hadn't come to help, Jean probably would have still survived." I thought out loud while turning my head to gaze into the glowing fireplace.

A loud bang echoed through the room. I spun to see that Levi had banged his fist on the counter in front of him.

"Damn it Y/N!" He turned to face me, his expression was filled with rage. "You could have died! Do you not understand that?"