Chapter Twenty One

Holy cow, I can't even remember how many reads we are at now. I think around 12K? 

THIS IS AMAZINGGGGGG!!!! I love every single one of you so much! <3

I appreciate all of your activity on both commenting and on tik tok. I love reading all of your opinions and kind words. 

I was thinking I might make a tik tok celebrating 10K, something like "Reading my favourite Wattpad comments."

Let me know if that sounds interesting to you!

Much love xoxo

---

For the third night in a row, I slept soundly in the arms of Captain Levi. 

We had gone to sleep not long after our...encounter. Levi had wrapped his arms around me and placed my head against his chest. He was in a deep sleep now, twitching occasionally.

 I didn't mind, it always made me happy to see him get sleep. 

I lay awake, staring at the ceiling as I listened to Levi's heavy breathing in my ear. I was grateful that he had come with me to medical to see Jean today, who knows what I would have done if I had been by myself. I wouldn't have killed him of course, but it definitely would have been close.

Levi grunted and twisted his body in his sleep. His arms around my waist pulled me closer subconsciously, cradling my body against his.

 I smiled as I felt the warmth of his skin against mine. 

Our interactions had been slowly becoming more and more intense, and there was one dreaded question that kept popping into the back of my mind. 

What was our relationship?

I didn't know what Levi thought of it, and I was scared. 

I had never been in a relationship before and I really didn't want to be. I can't imagine myself in a relationship, they just seem too controlling. Of course I enjoyed being around Levi, he always made me smile and comforted me when I needed it, but was that enough? How much do you have to like a person before you have to take the next step? 

Shuddering at the thought, I nuzzled in closer to Levi.

I silently hoped that he wouldn't want a relationship either. 

Allowing my eyes to droop closed, I attempted to get some sleep.

---

The sheets rustled next to me, signaling that Levi was now awake. I kept my eyes closed, wanting to fall back asleep. I knew that we had training today, but I trusted Levi would wake me before then. 

He yawned and stretched next to me, then rolled over to face me. I tried my best not to smile as he stroked a hair out of my face, then rested his hand against my cheek.

Suddenly, I felt warm lips press against my cheek softly. One a single kiss, but it was still heavenly. I heard Levi crack a smile.

"You look a lot less bitchy when you're asleep." He sighed.

I shot out my hand and slapped his chest. 

He laughed and removed his hand from my face. 

I opened my eyes to look at him now, glaring.