Chapter Twenty Two

I was pacing in my room while biting my thumb. I was lost deep in thought and was analyzing Levi's actions. The only thing that had happened since this morning and what had happened in that hallway, was his conversation with Hanji.

That was the only thing that could have changed his mood so quickly. 

'She can't be involved, even you know that it's too dangerous.' 

'Yes, I know.'

Whatever they had been talking about, it had clearly involved me. Which means that Hanji had also figured out that our marks had come from each other. 

But what could she have possibly said to make him flip on me so quickly?

I shook my head and stomped out of my room, slamming the door behind me.

I would deal with both him and Hanji later.

Right now, it was time for training. 

---

Once again, I was met by the Levi squad in the courtyard. And today, even Jean was here. He was leaning against a wooden crutch, clearly showing that he would only be spectating today. Eren, Mikasa, Connie, and Sasha were all eagerly whispering to each other, making sure that Jean was also included in the conversation. 

Captain Levi stood in front of them, his arms were crossed as he scowled at them for not listening. He didn't even move his head at my approach. 

I slowed down to a stop a few metres away from the group, patiently waiting for Levi to lead us to training. On my left I heard small footsteps approaching, I turned to face Petra who was smiling kindly up at me. 

"Hi Y/N! How are you?" She asked sweetly. 

I gave her a small smile back, grateful that there was at least one person in the squad that didn't despise me. 

"I've been better. And how about you?" I replied. 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I am doing well, just a little scared for training today." She shifted back and forth on her feet nervously. "Captain is emitting this strange and somber feeling off of him. I feel like something is happening." 

Petra whispered the last part, being careful that Levi didn't hear her. 

I nodded my head in agreement. 

"Yes, something is definitely going on." I looked down at her. "Whatever it is, I bet everything will be ok though."

Petra's smile returned as she replied, "I agree!"

I laughed quietly at her enthusiasm, then lifted my head to watch a man approach. 

"We are heading out." Oluo announced. 

Just as he promised, I turned to watch Levi begin to led us out of the courtyard. He hadn't even bothered to tell us before departing. 

Petra, Oluo, and I began to walk together behind the rest of the squad. Occasionally chatting to each other and commenting on the things we passed.

Levi navigated through the alleyways, not slowing his pace, and not glancing back.

---