Chapter Thirty Nine

Not to get controversial or anything, but...

Top Y/N > Top Levi

I love how you all are using nicknames from this story. Hanji as Ji, Levi as a gremlin, and Jean as Jeany Boy lol. 

Love you all xoxo

*TW: Blood*

---

I held my breath, and so did Levi.

The rest of the squad turned to see what we were looking at. Most of them quickly saluted in the presence of Erwin, but Levi and I were too shocked to move. 

There were multiple things wrong with this situation.

First, he was with Reiner, which means that Erwin had to have heard about the fight in the hallway and had most likely come to reprimand me for it. Even though Reiner was the one who initiated it, it was obvious that he would have only told Erwin one side of the story. 

Second, Reiner had seen Levi's reaction to the fight very clearly, and if he had any level of common sense, he may be able to see that our relationship is more than professional. Therefore, he would have snitched to Erwin about us. 

And third, the love marks were still very visible on both Levi and I's necks. There was no talking our way out of that.

Erwin and Reiner began to walk forward and approach the group. Erwin gave every squad member a pleasant smile as he made his way through the crowd. 

Jean quickly rushed to my side from seeing my frantic eyes. I was still standing frozen, figuring out what was going to happen. He was looking down at me with concern spilt all over his face.

That's when the most unexpected thing happened.

"Y/N." Levi whispered beside me. I didn't turn my head to look at him, seeing as we didn't want Erwin to know we were talking to each other. "I am taking responsibility for everything."

"Are you insane? I'm not letting you do that!" I frantically whispered back, continuing to face forward. 

Erwin was still out of ear shot, but we only had a limited amount of time until he would approach us. 

"Shut it brat, it isn't up for discussion." Levi replied. I was about to argue further, but he continued, "And for your neck...say Jean left those."

Jean jumped beside me at hearing this, but managed to understand that he couldn't break his composure.

"Levi, no." I whispered back, my voice cracked slightly. 

Levi swallowed loudly and said, "Listen to me for once."

"Like hell I'm going to listen to that." I argued back. "Listen Levi, I love you, but you are being the biggest idiot right now."

"Tch, gee thanks." Levi whispered back.

I didn't care that Jean was listening to our conversation, all I cared about was Levi. I refuse to let him go down for whatever Reiner had accused me of. 

"Erwin isn't an idiot, even if I say that marks are from Jean, he will still see yours and realise that I was lying." I explained to him. 

Levi paused for a moment, considering this fact.

"Do your best to hide them, your backup is Jean. Understood?" He whispered. 

I started, "But, what about-

"Shut it." Levi quickly snapped.

I pursed my lips together, thinking about my limited options. Erwin was only a few metres in front of us, followed closely behind by Reiner. Luckily, he was partially distracted by talking to the rest of the squad.