Chapter 22: The Power Of Threats.

I looked at Nathan in hesitation. What he wanted me to do was probably gonna work, and if not, it would probably get us in huge trouble.

Yvonne combed my hair a little roughly (what was I to expect) and then smiled at me, "Perfection. Look."

She turned me around to face Cece, who held a hand mirror. I looked at my neatly combed hair.

Nathan then handed me his phone, "So the plan is simple, you get into his office, extract information, and blackmail him with it."

"Why me?"

"You're a male, it wouldn't make much sense for a female to go and confront a coach who works with males only about a gay guy on the team." Cece snorted, "Go there and wow us, kid."

I stared at Me Jones' office door hesitantly. It was a perfect time to show Nathan how I will always be by his side, but an even better time to show him that I care about him. But this could also go horribly wrong.

I'll take my chances.

"Leon wait!" Nathan said as I put my hand on the door, "Thanks for doing this for me."

"What are..friends for?" I managed to crack a smile.

I opened the door, and saw Mr Jones sitting down. Closing it, I sat in the chair in front of him.

"Afternoon Sir, I have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind." I said almost a little too confidently.

"You've finally decided to join the track team Leon? We could use someone like you." He smiled.

"I would love to join the team, but I have a problem with it."

"What?"

"Well, for one, why'd you let go of Nathan? He was a fast runner, and one of the best on your team." I enquired, treading lightly.

"Personal issues."

"Such as?"

"I wouldn't want to reveal his issues, Leon."

"He told me what happened." I said slowly, "I wouldn't want to be on a team with someone who is homophobic."

Mr Jones frowned, "I don't understand."

"Oh but you do." I leaned in, "You kicked off Nate for his sexuality."

I saw Mr Jones visibly recoil. I felt uneasy talking about sexuality and how you're supposed to accept it.

"I did not."

"So would you let me onto the team if I came out as gay?" I looked at him.

"No."

"Why? Are you a toxic masculine?" I asked him.

Mr Jones looked away, "Leon, please leave."

"No."

"Why not? You didn't come here with valid information."

I took out Nathan's phone and stopped the recording, "I don't think the principal would like it if you took off someone because of your biased opinions."

"What are you gonna do with that?" Mr Jones tried acting tough, but his eyes gave out.

"Just send this to the principal and you could lose your job. Unless, of course, you allow Nathan back onto the team and his normal position." I smiled.

"Consider it done, Leon. Nathan goes back to being the captain, and Derek can be a vice. Just delete that tape." Mr Jones sighed in defeat.

I gave him one of my brightest smiles and stood up, "Pleasure doing business with you, Sir." I walked out of his office. That was surprisingly easy.

Nathan looked at me in hope, "How did it go?"

I handed him his phone back and smirked, "Guess who's back on the team?"

Yvonne pulled me into a hug, "I knew you weren't a wimp! You're the greatest friend ever!"

Nathan pulled Yvonne off of me and hugged me himself. I smiled at Cece, who gave me a thumbs up.

Guess threatening does work sometimes.