Chapter 5: Letter Number 2

Hey Nate!! It is I again.

So I realized you may or may not have liked my last letter, maybe I'll write to you again.

And here is me, writing to you again.

So, how was your day? How are you?

I know you can't answer these questions because, well, you can't see me and you don't know me.

Or maybe you do.

So I've been doing my research and I've come to the conclusion that you really like flowers. Isn't that odd?

Again, I'm giving stalker vibes, but I realized we have a lot in common. Except, I'm not really a runner, more of a thinker.

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence.

Why I bothered you about your interest in flowers is because I love flowers too. There's that beautiful garden over on Winfrey Street, where there is a garden of tulips and roses. Quite beautiful actually.

Why I go there is to think. You'll never see me there because, you know, I go when you're not allowed to go.

I'm smart, I know.

Anyways, I was walking in that garden and I picked up a tulip. It reminded me of you because to me, you're a beautiful flower that shows the world it's beauty, engulfing everyone with your scent/kindness.

While I was at it, I picked up another flower, a poppy.

I related it to me. White in showing my naivety and innocence, and showing how shy I actually am in coming to speak to you.

I spend a lot of time in that garden because nature can really take you away if you let it. I had once noticed you actually love spending time in nature, but not at that place.

You should visit the garden sometime. It's a beautiful place really, wrapping you in a beautiful sense of relief and giving you some warmth.

Anyways, I'll be on my way to the garden soon. Will talk to you tomorrow.

Signing out,
J.

I slipped the note in his locker again, then went to the gym locker room. Preparing for gym class, I sat down and thought a bit.

"Didn't think you'd be here early." A voice startled me.

It was Nathan. Shirtless.

"Why are you blushing?" He asked me, totally confused as he sat besides me.

That made me blush even more. I was embarrassed, and that made me nauseous.

"I....well-"

"Nevermind, James." He shrugged, "So, remember that day you wanted advice?"

"Of course, you were saying something and then you stopped-"

"Well, I had to because I thought over my words, you know? You're an intellectual guy, and I wanted to know what I would say that wouldn't sound stupid." He rambled on. "I wanted to discuss it with you over lemonade."

I knew he wanted to say lemonade!!

I smiled at him, "Of course. Maybe after school?"

Nathan nodded and pat my back. "Sure, man. You got your phone with you?"

I quickly reached for my phone that was lodged in my pocket. I handed it over to him, and he typed in his number.

"We can go hang out at Rocco's, my cousin works there and could give us a discount," He said, running a hand through his hair.

"Of course." I tried to change the subject. "Hey, so I heard that you got a secret admirer."

"News spread around that fast?" He frowned but quickly put his facade back up. "Yeah, it's pretty funny actually."

"What is?"

"I don't know if I'm fond of this admirer. I mean, I never really liked girls-"

"How come you're assuming it's a girl?" I looked at him.

"Girls normally fall for me." He shrugged. "Wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl."

"Expect the unexpected," I muttered.

"Do you by chance know this person? I mean, you seem kinda off." He asked me. "And how's your bet going?"

"Well...it's not going that well and it isn't going bad either. I think it's going fine."

"Hope so." We heard the bell ring. "Well, I guess it's time for sports. You coming?"

I smiled at him, and we both stood to go to the gymnasium.