Chapter 9: Derek & Cecelia

They sat in front of me uncomfortably. They both decided to look away. I had another letter to write for the fourth day, but first I had to deal with this apparent couple.

"And when have you two been seeing each other?" I crossed my arms.

After Nathan introduced me to Rocco's, I've been going there ever since just to get a glimpse of him. I might go there today, but as of now I should be studying, not asking my friends to share their porn stories.

"It hasn't even been that long, Leo." Derek finally looked at me. "It's been about a month."

"A freaking month? How did this get under my nose?" I whispered. "Does anyone else know?"

"If you didn't know, of course no one else knows." Cece shrugged. "Hey, are you coming for chess today? We're practicing for the tournament that's in 2 weeks."

"What tournament?"

"Well, if you had come for the previous meetings instead of tiptoeing around Nathan's dick, our school is hosting a tournament with prize money of $2,000 for one lucky student. All schools in our league are eligible for this tournament, and it wouldn't be fair if our captain wasn't there. What do you think?"

"I'll see what I can do, I'll come sign up today." I took out my notepad. "Anyways, I hope you 2 actually have a great relationship and Derek actually makes it last."

"Hey!" Derek exclaimed before the librarian hushed him. "Sorry, ma'am." He turned his attention back to me. "I really like Cece; I'm sure we'll last."

"Hopefully." Finding my earphones and putting on one of my favorite songs (Bellyache by Billie Eilish) I took the pen and began to write. I had approximately 2 hours to get this to the garden and approximately 1 hour before I bump into Nate, on accident.

Not on accident, by the way.

Nathaniel,

It is me again, your one and only.

I like the fact that you take time out of your day to talk to me you know, it's cute.

But anyway, onto someone who is actually cute.

I'm joking, you're handsome Nate. Don't even say you aren't.

Like have you seen yourself? You're a blonde version of Troy from High School Musical. Sorry if you don't like High School Musical, I do.

Besides that, how was your day? I've been reading into your history at school(I'm such a stalker!!) And noticed you once played chess. That's so cool, maybe you'll be the King to my Queen one day.

I'm on fire with the puns today!

So yeah, have a beautiful day my sweet Eden (this won't get old, trust me) and maybe I'll write you a poem tomorrow.

If you want me to....wink wink.

See? I'm learning your skill already.

Signing out,
J.