MAMA 2020

𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗳𝗶𝘁:

another year, another chance for ateez to perform at mama

another year, another chance for ateez to perform at mama. unfortunately, mingi was unable to attend this year's event due to anxiety so he was on hiatus. raehyun understood him and made sure he was okay throughout the day whenever she could. sitting inside the van, the female had a blanket draped over her exposed legs, warming her up as they were driven to the red carpet of mama 2020. upon arrival, the boys exit the van first before yeosang offered a hand to raehyun to help her step off the van without tripping. they took their red carpet photos before they were taken inside, heading for their waiting room where they got dressed for the performances they would do. san headed to the stage first to perform with stray kids hyunjin and the boyz juyeon to reveal the news that they would be participating in kingdom and just like road to kingdom, raehyun and eunchae were prohibited in performing unless in the background. the girls found it unfair however did not argue and decided they would focus on promoting individually or with PANDORA.

"raehyunie, you're starting off with hongjoong's microphone," her manager said to her, holding out said item to her as she grasped it. "you and hongjoong will switch when you cover mingi's rap in ANSWER," he further explained to the black-haired female who gave an understanding nod.

"ateez to the stage please," a staff called into the room, wearing a mask. the members nodded and headed for the stage after getting ready, getting into their positions as the music began for their stage. raehyun remained silent, sitting on the provided throne whilst san and wooyoung did their introduction. when the other members were fully on the stage after being lifted, she stood up and began walking towards the two 99 liners with the fellow members, falling into the position of the chorus for INCEPTION. dancing as practice, raehyun performed with all she could and found herself enjoying the stage they were providing.

after the dance break, she walked back to stand in position for ANSWER, adjusting her hair as she lightly panted from the intense choreography. for this performance, she allowed jongho to sing her part in the intro instead as she strutted to the centre, catching the silver microphone that her leader tossed over to raehyun - her doing the same to the microphone she held. "i got the answer, soneul pyeo siseoneun wiro say oh, janeul deureo maju bomyeo say oh, kkeuteun meon sijagimeul urin baeteonae gieokhae, balkkeutbuteo hamkke say my name," raehyun sang-rapped as she advanced forward, keeping a distinct facial expression - her voice harmonising well with the backing track that had mingi's voice.

throughout the performance, raehyun did adjust her hair, keeping a blank face as she focused on the performance. every now and then when the camera focused on her, she would smirk and give a wink whenever needed to. during the bridge, raehyun found herself and hongjoong doing a little freestyle as the leader of the nine-member group fell to his knees as they sang their lines. after performing the song, the music changed as they walked past the pedestal that had a crown resting on it. hongjoong took the throne as raehyun sat on the step just before the level the throne sat on, her right leg crossing over her left as she gave off a royal aura despite bot being on a throne - the cameraman focusing on hongjoong before changing to raehyun.