Run, Run As Fast As You Can

Hunter stayed with me the whole night. With every ounce of my energy zapped, I collapsed on the sofa, not even shifting to change out of my work clothes. My brother fetched his duvet from his bed to cover us up and keep us warm through the night. I spent a long time sobbing into his chest, trying to apologise for what I'd caused, but he refused to believe or admit any of it was my fault. He stroked his hands through my hair, continuing to assure me everything would be alright until I managed to drift off to a night of restless sleep.

I wake the following morning more than worse for wear. My back and neck aches from sleeping in an awkward position on the sofa. The spot next to me, which Hunter had once occupied is now empty and void of warmth. Stretching my arms out towards the ceiling, my bones creak in response, as I unleash an almighty yawn. I plod over to the breakfast table, where a bowl of mixed fruits awaits with a note sat beside it.

Keep your chin up KitKat!

Hunter xx

P.s- Eat the fruit, it's good for you =]

As I read the last line of Hunter's messy handwritten letter I can't suppress the smile that creeps across my lips. Hunter is such a caring brother and I honestly don't know where I'd be without him. He picked up the pieces when mother left, and he spent countless nights with me when I couldn't face sleeping by myself. I'd never been brave enough to tell Hunter what had happened to me, I couldn't bear to put him through the pain. And quite frankly I didn't want to replay that part of my life. Having to explain to anyone what happened would tear me to pieces. I would avoid it at all costs.

I spent a long time thinking about Jacob through the night before sleep took me. When Jessica called me over to tell me a man was asking for me, I automatically presumed it was Jacob. Who else would ask specifically for my company? Saying that, Jacob does seem to genuinely want to spend time with me, even if his methods for doing so are incredibly exhausting. I guess I should apologise to him, though he did try to kiss me, slapping him was taking things too far.

Wasn't it?

Many confusing emotions have arisen since Jacob Wilde has bulldozed his way into my life. After some careful consideration, I decide the best way to settle this is to go and pay him a visit.

As I stand before the wrought iron gates the instinct to run becomes stronger than ever. When it comes to flight or fight, there's no doubt I'm a flight kind of girl. This time, however, it won't do me any favours to run.

For the last few days, a constant niggling in the back of my mind has been bugging me, persuading me that whatever Jacob Wilde is to me, friend or foe, either way, to keep him close. Besides, I guess my choice of words that night were harsh, but if he hadn't have kissed me. If he hadn't have kissed me, I'm positive I wouldn't be feeling this way now. I certainly wouldn't be thinking of the warmth of his soft lips, or his muscly body pressed tight against my own.

Oh for goodness sake woman, get a grip.

I shuffle awkwardly on my feet and take a deep breath leaning forward to press the green button on the intercom. An unfamiliar voice crackles through the speaker on the opposite end.

"Erm. Hi, it's Kitty White here," I stumble over my words, completely caught off guard. I've never been confident on the phone or at leaving answerphone messages. "I'm here to see Jacob Wilde, I'm a," pausing for a second I search for the right words "friend of his."

"One moment, Miss White," the male voice responds curtly, and no sooner do the gates proceed to open towards me. The very gates I had tried to climb in my attempt t flee.

As I step onto the cobbled stones, I'm immediately overwhelmed by the grandiose property a short distance ahead of me. It's amazing how someone is born into a life like this. I envy Jacob for it, that's for sure.