Caught Red Handed

"Kitten, if you wanted to get in my pants all you had to do was ask."

I nearly leap out of my own skin at the sound of the taunting voice I've got to know well. A moment passes where nausea rises in my stomach. I believe the saying is 'caught red-handed. '

Well. To tell the truth, I actually have my hands in Jacob's underwear drawer right now. Jacob couldn't have chosen a worse time to awake from his slumber.

I squint my eyelids together, trying to absorb the newly bright light that infiltrates the room. Quickly, albeit, very awkwardly, I clamber to my feet and shove my hands behind my back, probably appearing every bit guilty that I subsequently am.

Jacob's hair stands high in tufts all over the crown of his head, and his eyes, like mine, are struggling to adjust to the yellow glow. The moment his eyelids flicker open, I notice how incredibly vibrant his iris's are. An, almost turquoise ring encircles the outside of those small dark pupils. From his torso hangs a baggy black t-shirt emblazoned with a yellow and red superman logo, and charcoal coloured boxer shorts cling tightly to his crotch, leaving nothing to the imagination. A pair of densely hairy, but olive tanned legs protrude from the boxer shorts.

Jacob watches me check him out then returns the favour, causing me to blush more if that's at all possible in my current predicament. Slowly, but deliberately, his eyes make their way back to meet mine, and he gazes at me from beneath his long lashes.

Any woman would die for those.

"What are you doing in my bedroom Kitten?"

His voice has a challenging tone, making me feel somewhat intimidated.

"N-nothing"

Great. Is that seriously the best reply I can come back with. I'm so dead.

I push the niggling voice to the back of my mind before clearing my throat to speak once again.

"I mean, Jacob. I couldn't sleep, I went to the toilet and obviously stumbled into the wrong room by mistake."

That could be believable. After all, the spare bedroom which I temporarily dwelled is directly next to his. It would be an easy mistake to make.

I wish I believed my crazy rationalisations. 

Jacob's lashes meet momentarily before a full-blown smirk creeps onto his face.

"I see," he absently runs a hand through his bed-hair, before tracing his angular jaw and eventually pausing to tap his stubbly chin with his index finger. His cobalt blue eyes never leave mine and it unnerves me. "So. If it was completely innocent, I'm wondering why you have your hands in my underwear drawer,' he stifles a chuckle, "and a pair of my boxers behind your back?"

I gulp nervously, quickly averting from his interrogating gaze. Without so much of a second consideration, I spin on my heel and try to make a run for it. Unfortunately, I don't get as far as the door when a hand snakes around my wrist like a viper, proceeding to reel me in.

"Nu-uh, I don't think so sweetheart," Jacob chides, spinning me in his arms to face his bedroom wall. He grabs his boxers from my clenched hand and discards of them on the floor, before sliding his hands underneath my bare thighs. My body recoils away from his cold grasp in desperation, but he shifts his position and before I know it he's hauled me into the air against my will. 

"Jacob!" I screech his name, whilst writhing around in his strong grasp.  "What the hell are you doing?  Put. Me. Down. Right now!"

I inhale a sharp breath when I realise I'm falling from Jacob's hold and from his body heat. Landing unceremoniously onto the cushiony material of his mattress, the springs creak and groan beneath me. In outrage of Jacobs childish behaviour, I growl, blowing a piece of hair out of my eyes, and prop myself up on my elbows. Before I get the chance to yell 'Stop' he leaps on top of me, straddling me between his strong thighs. My eyes drop down to the bulge in his boxer shorts, then shoot back up to meet those mischievous, playful blues. I gulp inwardly as my heart beats rapidly against its cage.