A Home and A New Collapse

Chloe's Room - 05:29 pm

Josh's P.O.V

Right after that long moment of revelations and understandings, Chloe got up from her bed and accidentally bumped into her cell phone, in which it fell off the bed and hit the floor.

With the noise of the impact, a female voice came from downstairs.

???: - Chloe?! Chloe, honey, is that you?! Are you up there? Get down here!

Chloe: - Shit... - Whispered the blue-haired girl to herself. - What now?!

Max: - It's okay, Chloe. Your mom won't mind seeing Josh here. He's clean now. I know her well, she loves visits.

Chloe: - I'm not talking about her. I'm talking about the-

Suddenly, a male voice came from the floor below.

???: - Chloe, you heard your mother! Get down here now!

Chloe: - ...the motherfucker. - She said rubbing her face. - Great! Now my day is about to be ruined by a mustachioed piece of shit!

Then Chloe got up from her bed and walked over to the computer table.

A few seconds later, we heard footsteps coming from the stairs that increased with each second. And then, someone opened the door to the room we were in and entered.

???: - Chloe! - Shouted a tall, strong guy with a mustache. - When I ask you a question, I hope you to answer me!

Upon hearing this, Chloe sighed as she cleared her messy desk under the sun coming from the window.

???: - I'm talking to you, girly! Did I make myself clear?!

Chloe: - "Did I make myself clear"? - She imitated him with a thin voice.

???: - And I want you to answer me with respect!

Chloe: - Uhum...

???: - Great.

Right after that, the man turned to the side and looked at the bed where we were sitting.

???: - R-Rachel?! Is that you?! - Shouted the extremely surprised man. - Where have you been all this time?!

Rachel: - Hi, Mr. David... - Said the blonde waving at him with a nervous smile.

???: - WHAT?! - Shouted a voice from downstairs.

After that, we heard again some steps coming from the stairs at an extreme speed.

And then, a woman appeared at the door and went to David.

???: - OH! RACHEL! Long time no see! It's good to see you! Where were you?! Why did you stop coming here?! - Shouted the woman, asking thousands of questions.

David: - Yes, I was about to ask the same. Why did you stop visiting us, Miss. Amber?

Rachel: - Oh... It was no big deal, Mrs Joyce... It's just that I...

Then Rachel looked at Chloe and thought of some quick excuse to say.

Rachel: - I had to make an emergency trip.

Joyce: - An emergency trip? But Chloe said you disappeared! - The woman said while taking a step forward. - She said that you no longer answered her calls or replied her messages! We thought you were missing! We were worried about you, Rachel!

Rachel: - It's just that I didn't manage to tell Chloe! It happened suddenly, you know? It's a long story!

Joyce: - Well... Since it is so, welcome back to our home. Feel free, Rachel. The house is yours.