Guilt

Construction Building - 05:30 pm

Josh's P.O.V

As soon as I went down all the stairs of that three-story building, I passed through the pillars and left the building. When I reached the outside of the building, I turned to the left and followed the sidewalk ahead.

But in the middle of the way, as I walked down the sidewalk with my head down, I was interrupted by a familiar voice.

???: - Josh! Finally! Where were you? I looked for you everywhere!

As soon as I heard that voice, I quickly turned around and I came across that blonde with the blue earring.

Josh: - R-Rachel? What are you doing here? Didn't you say you were leaving?

Rachel: - And why would I leave, Josh Stones? Do you really think I was going to leave you here alone in this place? I was worried about you!

Josh: - Aren't you angry with me?

Rachel: - No. Why would I be angry with you?

Josh: - I don't know... Maybe because we just had a long discussion that led us to shout at each other on top of that building?! It's not even 10 minutes since you left, Rachel!

Rachel: - But that's a thing of the past, Josh... - She said without caring too much. - You know me. I never hold a grudge for unnecessary fights.

Josh's thought: Wait... What happened to Rachel? She's acting a little weird, like she's not the one speaking for herself... I know there's something wrong here, because she's not like that!

Upon hearing these words, I looked down and started to think of something to say. After thinking for a brief period, I turned my eyes to the trail that led to the camp path and spoke again.

Josh: - I think we better go back... We have been out of camp for a long time, don't you think? - I spoke without looking at her.

Rachel: - OF COURSE... - Said the blonde in a thick and strange voice. - YOU WON'T WANT TO STAY HERE WHEN I STAB YOU IN THE BACK, RIGHT?

Upon hearing that strange and frightening voice, I froze from top to bottom and slowly turned back. And that's when I came across that sinister hooded man staring at me while holding that strange knife in his hands.

Was he in Rachel's place all the time? It makes no sense!

Josh: - What the fuck?! - I said as I backed away completely scared.

Suddenly, he raised his knife and started a chase against me. With that, I went into sudden despair and chose to run away from him. However, when I ran a lot through that terrain, I noticed that he was as fast as me and made the same movements that I knew how to do.

After running down that long sidewalk, I slipped into the forest and passed all those trees that were in my way. I passed them so fast that one of the branches collided with my face and made a small cut on the side.

After jumping over a large plant that was in my way, I came across the hooded man standing in front of me. How did he reach me so fast?

When he saw me stop running, he looked at me for a while and again chased me. In the midst of the chase, I managed to feel a strange sensation that made me think that I was running more slowly every second. It was as if I was on a big red carpet and the hooded man was pulling me in his direction, canceling all my movement.

Still in pursuit, I chose to take a quick peek back and realized that he was gone. As soon as the penny dropped, I stopped on that spot and looked around.