Who is Rachel Amber?

Blackwell Academy - 07:15 am

Josh's P.O.V

Justin: - Alright, let me introduce my clan to you guys!

Then Justin pointed to a strong guy.

Justin: - This is Michael. A.K.A Big Mike! He's the biggest guy in our group.

Michael: - What's up, my dudes! You cool?

As he introduced himself, Michael greeted us in his thick voice.

Justin: - This one in the black beanie is Dwight. He's the equipment guy. If your skateboard broke or you're in need of a new part, he'll get you one! Seriously, he has EVERYTHING.

Dwight: - Hey, bros! How's it going?

Dwight also greeted us with his many rings on his fingers.

Justin: - This is Blake. He's the quietest guy in the group, but he understands skateboarding. Ask him anything about skateboard and he'll answer you. He's the nerd of our group! Say hi to them, Blake!

Blake: - Hi.

Blake introduced himself to us, but didn't greet us.

Justin: - That one back there is Amelia. - He said while pointing to a girl with pink hair. - She's a little hot headed, but you'll get used to it. Her thing is painting. Does your skateboard look bad? Do you think it's a little old fashioned and that it needs a change? Then talk to her! She knows these things!

Josh: - Got it.

Justin: - And there are some other guys around. But I'll introduce them to you two later.

Noah: - What about those guys? - He said while pointing to some guys in team clothes. - Do they like skateboarding too or what?

Looking at the guys Noah pointed out, Justin took a deep breath. With that, I could predict that shit just hit the fan. I was going to tell Noah to be quiet, but I confess I was curious too.

Justin: - No, man. Those are the guys of the team. Most of them are tough. And you DON'T WANT to mess with them, trust me.

After that, Justin looked at Michael.

Justin: - My bro Michael here... He was part of the team. But he left 'cause he couldn't stand the guys. The Vortex Club sucks! They're fucking douchebags, all of them!

Michael: - Yeah, they are.

Dwight: - Bunch of stupid morons.

Josh: - Vortex Club?

Justin: - Sorry. That comes later, dude.

After that, Justin took another deep breath.

Justin: - See that guy over there? The one in the orange jacket holding a binder?

Noah: - What about him?

Justin: - His name is Nathan Prescott. And he's the person you DEFINITELY don't want to mess with.

Josh: - Why? Is he tough too or something?

Justin: - Not him, his dad! People say his dad is helping the school. He's investing a lot of money, you know? With that, even the Principal kiss up to Nathan.

Josh: - Wait, how is it?

Justin: - I mean... Principal Wells cover Prescott's back. He's kinda Blackwell's golden boy. Or town's golden boy, I don't know. Anyway, just keep your distance from him. You two won't want to know what that fucking rich asshole is capable of.

Josh: - If you say so.

After all of this, the school bell rang and my leg began to move on its own, probably because of anxiety. People around the place started to get up and then went to the school entrance.

Justin: - Anyway! - He said as he slammed the table with both hands. - Let's cut to the chase! I saw that you guys are great at skating, so here's the thing: Later, before the PE class, there will be a free time for us to enjoy. Me and the boys are organizing a skate maneuvering championship, so you two could show up there! It will be cool! There are even some-

Then Justin kept talking, but I didn't pay attention.

As I said before, many people got up from their seats and headed to the school entrance. Some pushing, some running over who was in the way, some stuck among people, others screaming... I didn't understand what the fuck was going on there, though it was kind of normal in any school in the world.

Looking at Noah, I noticed that he was staring at his hands resting on the table as he examined the pendant of his necklace, as if he hadn't done it a thousand times. He probably wasn't listening to Justin either. The rest of the guys at the table were bored while talking to each other. Most also seemed to be distracted.

And here I am, staring at nothing, having no idea what I'm doing. I could be thinking: What am I doing here? How did I get to this place? Who the hell are these people?

But I could only think of one thing: Rachel Amber.

Whose name is it, anyway? Why did this name pop into my mind so suddenly? Why can't I stop thinking about it? Is it the name of a person I know or is it just my troubled mind creating random names? It must be anxiety stuff, I guess. Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

At that time, I could hear a car door closing. Two girls, who probably came from that car, walked past me and stopped halfway. One of them wore a blue beanie and had blue hair. She also wore a brown leather jacket, a white tank top, slightly ripped pants, and boots that looked like they were old. The other girl was blonde, wearing a flashy blue feather earring, a dark jacket, blue jeans, and All-Star sneakers like mine.

By paying attention to their conversation, I could identify a few words. But not all because Justin kept talking.

???: - So. Are you going back to your "prison" now or are we meeting at the junkyard later? - Said the blonde girl.

???: - I'll wait for you in the junkyard. Err... I don't wanna be in the same place as Sergeant Asshole. Or breathing close to him. Or sharing the same air with him. Or even thinking about him. Whatever! - Said the girl in the blue beanie.

???: - "Feel free, my Loyal Spirit"! See you there, Price! - Said the blonde girl while smiling and walking away. - Oh! And don't forget that-

I couldn't hear anything else after that. Justin caught my eye.

Justin: - Hey! - He said snapping his fingers in my face. - Are you there?! What do you say? Are you going or not?

Josh: - Uh... What?

Justin: - Quit spacing-out, dude! I asked you if you're going to the championship. Pay attention, bro! - He said as he opened his arms. - And then I asked you if you're going to the musical talent show and-

Josh: - Yeah! - I interrupted him without thinking too much. - I will, leave it to me.

Justin: - Really?! Awesome! I'll wait for both of you guys there. It will be amazing!

After I confirmed my presence, Justin got up from the bench super excited.

Justin: - Listen up, people! I wanna see everyone in the music room as soon as the championship is over,! And don't take too long! Now let's get to chem!

After that, I looked back to where the girls were and didn't see them anymore. Then I immediately looked to the street and saw a truck speeding up.

Right after that, I looked forward again and saw the blonde girl alone walking towards the entrance. She and that blue-haired girl had already finished their conversation. Dammit Justin, why did you have to interrupt me right now?!

Who is that girl? There's something about her that seems to grab my attention, but I don't know exactly what it is.

Then I got up from the bench and grabbed my skateboard under it. As soon as I lifted it, I quickly put it in my backpack and looked at Noah.

Josh: - Come on, Noah! We'll miss the first class!

Noah: - I'm on my way! - He said as he got up from the bench and got his things.