Chapter 44: Battle of Italica II

Start from the beginning

Nick and his team sets the Pelican on auto pilot and performed Recon from above while they investigate the remains of the Recon Team previously

"Search for any survivors. Watch your fire and check your shots." Nick told them entering the City.

Like before the city was dead quiet with no signs of life. Weapons like sword and shields were scattered on the ground along with destroyed houses and scattered clothes and item everywhere. As the team's were entering Omar spotted several tire tracks leading towards the back of the castle.

"Commander." Omar called out as Nick approached the SSgt. "Tire tracks it appears to be from there." He pointed.

"Copy. Stay close." He said taking point with the Marines, A.S.T.s, and Warthogs behind.

As they follow the tracks from the vehicle they spotted the JLTV used by the marines to be parked just outside the castle.

"Check the vehicles." Nick ordered.

The Marines and S.C.A.R. Team scattered around and looked inside the vehicles only to find it clean and empty. "Nothing here." Kashima reported picking up an M249 and placed it on the ground before scavenging the vehicle.

"Nothing here either." Brooks reported.

"Then where the hell are the bodies?" Nick questions. If the vehicles are still here all and clean, then where were the remains of the Two Recon Teams. He got his answer when they suddenly heard a scream and a growl coming from one of the houses. He looked at the two Marines and nodded.

The team went to the house where the noise is coming from and the two marines lock picked the door. They held the door handle and Nick nodded. With the signal they opened the door, Nick and Omar looked down. "Bloody hell." Omar muttered as below the house where the remains of the recon team as they can identify the matching camouflage on their uniforms. The grunts and Jackals looked up and roar.

"OPEN FIRE!" Nick ordered unleashing a hail of bullets at the aliens below.

Another road came from the side as a Hunter charged straigth at the Goliath mech. The pilot reacted fast enough and put the two on a lock despite the Hunter's size the Goliaths exoskeleton was strong enough to match it.

"Son-of-a-bitch

"Son-of-a-bitch." The pilot cursed activating it's shoulder missiles and blasted the Hunter away. As the Goliath and Hunter were duking out The Banished all roared and opened fire at the Marines while other's charged right at them.

"Contact! Contact!" Omar shouted as the team opened fire at the Banished.

"Cover fire!" Nick shouted avoiding several plasma needles before returning with his own hail of bullets.

The Gauss Warthogs were used as support fire as it took down several enemy with its 0owerful laser cannon. While the A.S.T. held themeselves against the Hunters.

An Elite wielding an energy sword charged straigth at the Marines. The marines were more than ready and used its thrusters to avoid being sliced in two. Before he could shoot at the Sangheili warrior it kicked his weapon away. Without time to reached for his Eraser pistol he activated his ripper blade and clashed with the energy sword.

"Finally a worthy challenge." The Elite growled.

The human Marine named Philip held the Elite thanks to the exoskeleton of the Warfighter suit, but he knew even with the exo suit the Elite is still strong. "Shut up and fight." He said to the Elite as he did a sidekick which pushed the Elote several feet away.

" He said to the Elite as he did a sidekick which pushed the Elote several feet away

"Fall back! Fall back!" Nick ordered.

"Fever, prep the Pelican and bring it down." Nick ordered as Salter nodded. "Marines to the Warthogs all Goliaths activate deploy bubble shields and provide support cover fire."

The Goliath pilots all nodded as fired off several homing and swarm missiles at the Banished as they were all pushed back by the explosion. The marines all got inside the Warthog and as the A.S.T. deploy their bubble shields they reconnected to the Warthog and fled the city.

"Raider, pelican dropships are now in standby." Salter reported.

"Good work, Fever."

As the group exited the castle they all stopped and looked at the fields. Surrounding them were hordes of Banished soldiers ranging from Brutes, Elites, Jackals, and Grunts they were all chanting and screaming at them.

And to their shock and horror one group even tossed the helmet of Spartan Red Team Douglas

And to their shock and horror one group even tossed the helmet of Spartan Red Team Douglas. The team stood in shock as they know the helmet design all to well.

"Sir, is that..." A marine fearfully asked.

"No time." Nick said entering the pelican. "Get in."

"Scar 1-1 to Infinity over."

"Lasky here status?"

"Sir, requesting danger close on our location heading North. Commence five seconds."

"Understood. Archer missiles inbound.

"Hit it." Nick ordered as the pelican dropship took off. Behind them were several Banished phantom, and banshee chased them from behind while above them were 4 missiles inbound and targeting the city.