Chapter 50: Tying Up Loose Ends (Short Brief)

Abort the mission." Cormack said confusing the two. "I repeat abort the mission. We have a friendly inside the submarine."

"Who the hell is it?"

"Sam. Sam Fisher."

"What the hell is he doing?" Mitchell asked as he and Knox starts to swim back, but unfortunately the sonar ping them as the base alarm triggers. "Shit. Let's move."

"Gideon, do you have eyes on Panther."

"Negative." Gideon reported. "Bastard is sure sneaky for someone his age."

To Cormacks surprise the spotted the missile hatch of the Typhoon started to open. "All Sentinels we have a code black. I repeat we have a code black."

"What the hell is he doing!?" Mitchell said as several enemy soldiers spotted him and Knox. "Watch out!" He said taking cover. "We're compromised."

"Panther, this is Sentinel 0-1. Missile doors are now open. I repeat the missile doors are open. Do you copy?" Cormack asked the old Splinter Cell, but no response came.

Down below Mitchell and Knox are now engaging the enemy.

Mitchell got out of the shadow and did a choke hold and breaked his neck. Before any of them can stood back up he did an arm lock on a enemy soldier causing him to scream and fire his weapon.

The bullet's of the AK bounced around the steel containers outside as the Russians took cover. Mitchell tossed the guy out of the wat and used his grappling hook attached to his wrist and grappled the next guy forward and pulled the guy towards him. And using his suits enhanced strength he punched the guy hard enough to be sent 20ft away.

Charging forward, the 6 other men did as well. Knox started with quickly defending himself from 2 knife slash before executing a left hook to the head and a devastating side elbow. He quickly got into a Muay Thai stance and shielded his face as two knife strikes were aimed at his face.

He disarmed the guy holding the knife before lifting and tossing him to his comrade. The next one did a forward slash which Knox quickly countered by trapping his entire right wrist and controlled his entire left arm as a knife strike from another enemy came and he used the man's knife in his hand and blocked it before stabbing the enemy with his own knife.

As they were fighting down below, to everyone's shock they see a missile being launched from the Typhoon.

"We have a nuclear missile launch, I repeat we have nuclear missile launch. Missile in the air! Code black - code black!"

Location: Unknown
Time: 1800 Hours
Date: 04/28/2013

"We have a nuclear missile launch, I repeat we have nuclear missile launch. Missile in the air! Code black - code black!"

Inside of a bunker under a classified military base is where Gen. Shepherd and other members of the cabinet are discussing on the war on their homeland. Shepherd listened to Cormack's radio as an ICBM was launched from the Typhoon submarine they were supposed to destroy.

"Someone trace the trajectory of that warhead." Shepherd ordered.

"Tracing now, sir." An Officer replied.

The warhead was traced just above the east coast of the United States just 500 miles away from the capitol. As it starts to descends the missile detonated on the mesosphere just 80km below ground.

"Sir, the missile...."

"I know, Lieutenant." Shepherd said cutting the off the Officer.

"Sir." Another Officer said getting Shepherd's attention. "Despite the mission one of the Sentinel Operators got something from Russia."

"Send it."

The Officer did as he was told and showed a picture of two different safehouses located in two different countries: Afghanistan and the Georgian-Russian border.

"Then were go gonna use every cent to kill Makarov." The computers shifted it's satellite images to the Georgian-Russian border. "It's been a tough month for us. We've lost more than we've ever dreamed. But we will recover. Despite what the world says, we are not savages, we don't kill civilians. We use precision. There's an evil man hiding in the shadows and we're gonna bring him out to the light. Once his face is reveal, we will write history, Gentlemen."

The computers screen thens zooms out revealing the exact coordinates of Makarov's last safehouses on earth. "Desperate time calls for Desperate measure and we will do everything we can to end this war. If S.A.T.O. is not going to help, then we will take matters to our own hands. Let's get to work."