I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37

Start from the beginning

She laughed, making me smile, wrapping my arms around her waist. "It's a good thing you're a teacher then. All those kids in your face every minute of every day." She sarcastically said wrapping her arm around my neck. 

"Oh how I've missed your sarcasm." I smirked before kissing her nose. 

"Did you miss nothing else?" She pulled away with a hurt expression. I smiled and pulled her back into me, nuzzling her neck. 

"I missed everything about you." I mumbled squeezing her tightly. 

"I wish I could say the same."

I laughed and pulled away slightly. "I wanted to talk to you about something." I reached out and played with a loose bit of hair from her ponytail. 

"Talk about what?" She tugged at my hair slightly to make me look at her. I looked down at her and smiled. 

"I just want to make sure that we're okay. That's there's no doubt in your mind that I'd ever do that again." I felt bad for asking her that when her smile fell. But it needed to be asked. I couldn’t just have the thought constantly in the back of my mind. I needed to know if she trusted me or not.

“Where did this come from?” She asked stepping back from me.

“I just have this voice in the back of my head worrying whether you trust me or not. We never really spoke about it. I want to know that you still trust me. I don’t want you to still have doubts about me.” I leant against the worktop, looking down at the floor. I really don’t know how I’d feel if she said she didn’t trust me.

~~~Riley’s POV~~~

What do I say to that? I’ve already told him that I trust him, so what if he still doesn’t believe me this time? How am I meant to make him believe me this time? I do trust him. He didn’t do anything to make me ignore him for as long as I did. But he was in the wrong to lie to me for so long. That’s what really annoyed me the most. “I do trust you. That’s why I’m here,” I said looking at the top of his head. I hate seeing him nervous and looking at the ground. I like seeing his eyes when I’m talking to him. “I know that you’d never give me a reason not to trust you again. I was wrong to ignore you for so long.”

He let out a breath and looked up at me. “No I understand why you did it.” He shook his head adamantly.

"It doesn't matter though. I trust you and that's all you need to know. You shouldn't worry about that. If I didn't trust you then I would still be at my mum’s. The only reason that I wouldn’t trust you is if you gave me a reason not to trust you.” I probably should have thought about that last bit in my head before saying it.

“Well I have given you a reason not to trust me. I’ve probably given you many reasons not to trust me.”

I sighed and tilting my head to the side. “Have I ever told you how stupid you are?” I raised my eyebrows and he smirked.

“Probably a few times over the past few years. And I doubt that you’d stop any time soon.” He smiled pulling me over to him.

“I’ll stop when you realise that I trust you.” I said hitting his chest. “So do you believe me now?” I slid my hands up to his shoulders and squeezed them. He smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, I believe you now. I guess I always did, I just need to hear it.” He said with a simple shrug. I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek.

“Well I’ll keep saying it if I have to.” I buried my face into his neck and gave him a hug.

“I love you,” he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“I love you too.” I hope he heard that, but it probably came out as a mumble because of his neck.