I've Got What I Wanted. Part 38

Hey guys! Hope you had a good Christmas and Santa was good to you :) I was very happy. And now you get this from me :)

So I'm going to go back to revising on Friday so I'm not sure when the next upload will be. I'm going shopping tomorrow so can't write then. After all this shopping for others, I think I deserve to go shopping for myself :P

Anyways, please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. Especially since this might be my last upload of 2012!!

Also Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter :)

Enjoy guys!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

"Adam Brown?" Mark questioned, his pen hovering above his pad. I nodded, confirming what I previously said. "And how do you know him?" He didn't look up from his pad, as he wrote down the name.

"We used to be friends and he goes to the same university as me." I glanced Caleb, and saw him staring in front of him. Saying he looked angry was an understatement. His jaw was clenched, and his eyes were blazing with fury. But he still had a gentle but firm grip on my hand, stroking it with his thumb.

"'Used to be friends'?" He quoted looking up at me. "Are you guys not friends anymore?" He sat up, leaning against the table. I sighed and shook my head. "What happened to make you guys fall out?"

I took another quick glance at Caleb before answering him. It looks like he hasn't moved a millimetre. "We used to go out years ago, but I ended things. He moved away soon after that and while he was gone I started dating Caleb. And when Adam came back he didn't like the fact that I was dating him. He never really accepted it and just made it difficult for me to be around him. So I told him that I never wanted to speak to him again. Which he didn't like and kept trying to speak to me." I think I summarised that quite well. And I'm surprised I didn't swear or call Adam every name under the sun.

"Can you write his address down please?" Mark pushed the pen and pad towards me. I quickly scribbled down his address before handing him it. "I'll be back in a minute." With that said, he stood up and left the room. Instead of talking to Caleb, I put my head in my hands.

I can't wrap my head around it. I know we didn't speak anymore, but I never imagined he would do something like this. I thought it was some idiot who hit me and drove off. Finding out it is someone you know, and who used to be your friend. It's just really difficult to understand. And it wasn't only me be could've killed. He could've killed Michael too. That's what hurt most. If he died while I lived, I really don't think I could cope.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Mark walked back in. "I've just sent some officers to pick him up. Do you want to watch while I interview him, or would you just like me to tell you what he said?" He started gathering up his thing, clearly leaving me with not much time to think about it.

"I'll watch," I answered standing up. "I want to hear it from him."

Mark nodded and lead us out of the room. "You can see and hear everything from this room." He opened a door to a dull and dark room. "I'll be in there doing the interview." He pointed to a window, as if it wasn't obvious. "I'll have an officer in with you. Just so you don't do anything stupid." He sent Caleb a knowing look. Caleb just looked away and walked over to the window. As I watched him the door opened through the glass and an officer dragged a struggling Adam in. "Right, I'll come get you when it's finished."

I walked over to Caleb as Mark left the room. I knew not to talk to Caleb, just give him time to think about things. I folded my arms across my chest and watched Mark walk in.